The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Bizarre Flea! (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
[/url]
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
You are getting S...L...E...E...P...Y
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Yes I am, how did you know?
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Wake up!! The Flea is ALIVE!!!

Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Looks like the Flea... be. I really love this idea and will be joining in soon.
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
That dog looks like a flea! Love it!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Found an unexpected treat from a nice little flea....on its way tomorrow!
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Me too vey happy.
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Just took a look in the flea... I get an error when loadong on my iPad... Any one else?
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Must have a tick in your ipad Tim,....flea works for me on my galaxy 3 pad......
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2014, Tim Dowd wrote:
Just took a look in the flea... I get an error when loadong on my iPad... Any one else?

It works on my iPad, although it does take a very long time to load. The initial screen is white and after about 30 seconds the actual website will appear.
Bob
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Works fine on my Ipad too.
It is real difficult getting a website to work on all of the potential devices that it may be seen on these days. Bring back the days where everyone had just one beige block with a green screen! You do not *only* have to think about if it is on a PC, a Mac, Ithing, Android - or even a games console these days, but also if it is a V1, 2, 3 iPad, what version of Android it is running and so on. Who voted for life to get so complicated?
Anyway, it is useful for *me* to know if anyone has any problems with the site. Just drop me an email (see sig) then I can work to sort it out.

Couple of words about the the Flea. For *us* it has been a resounding success, in that most of the stuff sold out in the first day, or even the first few hours. Oddly, it has not yet taken off as a community resource, even though we are not charging anything for the service! For a creative community, this should be a wonderful opportunity to share, not only items that are hanging around not doing anything, but also a way of trying out one off ideas and props of your own. So I am not only seeing a 'Flea Market' but also a potentially interesting place for us to play.

I hope that this does not mean that there is a growing trend where we are all moving from being passive consumers, rather than being active participants in our art. I have ended up in the Bizarre community for one reason; the people here. It seems to be the only magic community that understands quality crafted items, and a community that is historically thinks and involves itself. So the lack of response has come as a bit of a surprise. I suspect that people do not really get what we are doing yet and it will slowly start to take off - obviously, if you have any questions, fire away!

However, things become what they need to become. So the Flea still lives. It may become less frequent and it may evolve into just a place where we at Alchemy Moon put up interesting oddments. So, it may not be the community resource we had planned - but still worth a visit to see what is in *our* attic!
So I am thinking that the Flea becomes a monthly event. AM can certainly sustain this from it's own dungeon of weird stuff.

So it will work this way. The flea will remain open all year and there are still one or two things left on there now. Then we will refresh and restock the stall on the last Saturday of every Month (starting at the end of this month) same time (12 midnight UK time).
If you do still want to put something up there - great, there is a table for you, and it will cost you nothing to do so. However, we will switch tack a bit and take the 10 most interesting items every month. Now that is 10 more than anyone has submitted! However, the table is there. Slowly, the community side will take off and it seems to me that taking the 10 best ever month will keep it workable for us and ensure that the stuff put up there is interesting.
So, if you have anything to put up, at the moment there is an empty table there for you. Just contact me on the email in the sig.

The Flea lives and will continue to be a bit of fun on Alchemy Moon at the end of the month.

So - get rummaging and see you there on the 29th!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Love the flea.
I just don't have anything to sell!
(Yet!)
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Chris that's awesome just remind me Smile Will try to find something.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Bizarre Flea! (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL