We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Psychokinetic Phone (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1178 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Http://youtu.be/Mji-f0dZddk

Completely ungimmicked, impromptu, purely devastating effect on the participants.

All of my mentalism material is now located at www.jimmyfingers.com/miracles.html

Thanks for your interest!!!

Jimmy
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Looks interesting. But surely, there is some prep that needs to be done in advance of borrowing both the tablet and the phone?

I'd also like to get Bob Cassidy's perspective of whether he thinks an app would be suspected since this involves the overt use of technology.

Mindblowingly,
Charles
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
I am aware of the work on this and it is completely impromptu. Good work Jimmy!
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Do you think an app would be suspected since the use of technology is overt?

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Quote:
On Nov 11, 2014, bdekolta wrote:
I am aware of the work on this and it is completely impromptu. Good work Jimmy!
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1178 Posts

Profile of magic4545
The helper/holder of the tablet is instructed to make sure that no vibration or sound comes from either the tablet or phone.

The use of two borrowed items negates the possibility of the use of an app on either.

And Dan is correct, he received the preliminary manuscript on this... There is absolutely NOTHING added, prepared, taken away.

JF
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Blackpool, England
377 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
Jimmy,

I love your stuff but I'm afraid this leaves me completely cold. To be honest I hardly noticed any movement at all and the fact that one of the assistants answers the phone half way through makes me think it doesn't have a devastating effect on the participants.

Sorry man but it's not for me.
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Lots of finger waving for very little movement. I cannot imagine this having a strong impact, sorry.
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2014, genius wrote:
Looks interesting. But surely, there is some prep that needs to be done in advance of borrowing both the tablet and the phone?

I'd also like to get Bob Cassidy's perspective of whether he thinks an app would be suspected since this involves the overt use of technology.

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Genuis I suggest you stop inquiring what everyone else thinks of it and decide for yourself, different material works for different people so getting advice from others may be more of a hindrance, if you like it get it, otherwise don't worry what every other mentalist out there thinks of it there not the ones you'll be performing for.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I thought I knew the method so I tried it on my sister. And WOW, the results were outstanding. The phone moved rapidly across the iPad. I was very impressed by how quickly this moved.

I assume the speed of the movement will vary for each person if my assumption is correct.

But very clever stuff! Congrats!
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1178 Posts

Profile of magic4545
In the manuscript, the method where you set the tablet down on a table or chair will blow THAT part out of the water, and it leaves them with nowhere to run.

By the way, how strong was her response to it?

JF
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2014, magic4545 wrote:
In the manuscript, the method where you set the tablet down on a table or chair will blow THAT part out of the water, and it leaves them with nowhere to run.

By the way, how strong was her response to it?

JF

I videoed it so that she could see I wasn't moving it. When she watched the video she laughed out loud and said it was really cool.

Again, I haven't purchased the manuscript or anything, but she was impressed by the phone moving whether or not it was the same method you used, I'm not sure Smile
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Sorry, it's just that, though it might not be the case with every single person on the Café, I highly value Bob's thoughts and his thinking has influenced my act.

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Quote:
On Nov 11, 2014, Galileo wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2014, genius wrote:

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Genuis I suggest you stop inquiring what everyone else thinks of it and decide for yourself, different material works for different people so getting advice from others may be more of a hindrance, if you like it get it, otherwise don't worry what every other mentalist out there thinks of it there not the ones you'll be performing for.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Jimmy ever so kindly sent me a copy of this.

It's a short manuscript - only 11 pages, but it tells you everything you need to know.
While I had pretty much ascertained the method, there were some specifics in the manuscript which definitely helped.
I had an idea of how to perform it without the tablet and it works quite well. I shared it with Jimmy; he is going to play around with it.

I think this principle has a lot of possibility. He is a clever guy and this definitely works. I must say, it's very eerie to see the phone moving while the tablet is laying on a table or in a chair. The slowness may be a negative for some, but I think it looks more "real." If you were really going to move it with your mind, I'm sure it would take some effort. I personally believe that is much better than having the phone go sailing across the tablet.

As written, this does require some pretty specific circumstances, but I think there is a lot more leeway than what is blatantly written in the manuscript.

Over all, I like it. It's very simple, No preparation beforehand, truly impromptu, no crazy gaffs, no technology assistance, no apps, no vibrations.
The downside is that you would need a tablet and phone to perform it (with specifics) but that can be avoided by using the idea I came up with since you would only need a phone and something else much more common.

Good work Jimmy. I look forward to playing with this and coming up with more ideas using this method.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1178 Posts

Profile of magic4545
The follow up to the method with the tablet in the hands of a spectator takes away doubt about the miracle.

http://youtu.be/daYzzi75i1o

The next day in the office, the girls were freaked out, and talking about how there was just no way, since I did it like in this video, with the tablet balanced on the arm or seat of a chair.

This is powerful, but it's not 20 second, YouTube, ADD material. It will require a certain confidence that the audience has in your work. If people don't like the other magic that you've been doing, then they probably won't stick around to see the outcome of this one.

The effect on a lay audience is very strong.

Jimmy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Psychokinetic Phone (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL