The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Problem with French Kiss-Wayne houchin (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nikodemus
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Guy Hollingworth has a routine in which a signed card is destroyed, then appears in an impossible location. It uses a very similar approach to the above. He describes it as suitable for a Parlour setting where you can control who sits where, and therefore what they can see. I think such effects rely on you being able to manage the angles and control the dual reality. In a true Close-Up environment, it would be much harder to control. Which is why French Kiss works well, with the magician acting as one of the participants.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
739 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Can you tell us the name of Hollingsworth routine and if it’s in print please ?
Nikodemus
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
A Destroyed And Restored Card in Drawing Room Deceptions.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Nate's routine is really interesting!

I love the ideas behind it, it gave me a whole new perspective on this effect.

Regarding a close up scenario, I think it would be possible to achieve by reversing the revelations and using misdirection on the offbeat to do what's necessary to accomplish it. We have one "clean" revelation so we can use that to our advantage as the first one, giving us a much needed moment of relaxation to get away with the second.

I'm definitely gonna give this a go!

Thanks a lot for sharing!

As to the first question, it's all about the attitude. The way you present yourself and your magic. The most important aspect, in my opinion, being if you come off as believable. Your confidence plays a great role here. The big change that boosted my magic was starting to believe it myself and acting accordingly. Getting on their "team" and enjoying everything WITH them.

Hope that makes sense and helps you out!

All the best!

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Problem with French Kiss-Wayne houchin (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL