We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » I just love this trick… :) (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8883 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Many years back now I put out a download called Short Pockets, some here might remember. It was my very first "package" of effects, and still to this day some of the best stuff I ever came up with, IMHO…Still love that music I used too. Smile

Of late, I've been playing with an effect from there called KrazyKoins Across, just because recently I only happened to have 3 half dollars on me (and one was a WL). Smile Anyway, I decided to revisit this effect and remembered why I came up with just using 3 coins instead of 4 in this coins across version. I initially thought that 4 coins was just 1 coin too many, and also I wanted to do a stand-up version of it and not use a table as I had been taught regarding the effect. I had some other ideas in working it and thus came up with something I really thought people would like, and they did. Smile

I've been playing with the effect a lot lately and people are just baffled by it, as I keep telling them the old line. "I can't do it any slower than this." Smile The first coin is unbelievable and they are stunned. I do it again but this time after showing all three coins in the left hand, magically 2 coins jump to the right hand. The usual look on their faces is something like, "This can't be happening." And I remind them that, "I can't do this any slower." Smile

The last coin is a gem of a finale as a special move and piece of misdirection makes it happen quite dynamically. As all eyes are on my left hand holding the last coin, I ask them, "Did you see it happen?" After a beat and before they can answer (with their eyes now very much glued to my left hand) I say while opening my left then right hand…"Because now all 3 coins have magically gone across." And I finish by saying with a smile, "If I did this any slower, the coins would still be in my pocket." Smile They are floored!…How?, No Way!, WTF!!! Smile

I have done this trick or parts of it, dozens of times just this past week alone. I am falling in love with it all over again for the same reason I first put it together years back now…It's quite unconventional, just uses 3 coins, uses some good moves to make it all happen, and is very fun & interactive with the specs. I even, from time to time, switch up on the ending to make it classically play to the spec's hand. Smile It's a fun routine that had fallen to the bottom of my bag of tricks, that I'm glad I'm doing again for people. One day, that was all I did, all day long believe it or not for a variety of people. And interestingly, it was all I needed…Something that was always there, an oldie but goodie. Smile

http://vinnymarini.com/download/shortpockets.html
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
I love all of your effects Marion.
I use your crimp change daily.
Todd
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
"JUST TOO COOL & MAGICAL MARION!!!! I remember this well !!!! Just love it!! Very skilled you are Marion!!!

MICKEY SILVER
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2946 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Short Pockets is a great collection of coin magic
I j
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3622 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
A great effect, Marion- love your work!

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Marion my friend you are the KING of coin quickies..............
I love your magic and it is for the real world not just the camera
vinny

keep on coining my friend
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
RobDougherty
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of RobDougherty
Just another one to add to the list of your back catalogue that I'll be purchasing when I get paid on the 1st Dec here Marion. I have to say the laid-back style you use when you perform your tricks is extremely appealing/watch-able and everything I see of yours I instantly think "wow, that's so clean, I need this!" Me and my girlfriend sat and watched the demo vids of all your tricks earlier and both of us were stunned by how natural you make it seem. Great work Smile
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2946 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Yes, I've always liked MB's laid back, friendly manner while performing magic
I j
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1109 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Marion in Chinesse,... 硬币魔术 Marion Boykin - Short Pockets—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzc5NzM3NzMy.html?x

,you find this guy everywhere!
smiles,
gallagher
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8883 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Again, thanks guys. I truly appreciate your friendships and very kind recognitions here. Smile

And gallagher my friend, to hear of my work being enjoyed in China somewhere, well, WOW!!! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Jiceh
View Profile
Special user
France
742 Posts

Profile of Jiceh
It seems very good
bravo Marion
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Marion
It's been a long time since I seen these. They look just as good today as they did then. Really looks better now. It's been so long that it was all new to me again.
Thanks for sharing !
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Tim!

Great to see you here posting again!

Why don’t you stay around awhile?

Jim
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8883 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Tim! Smile

Glad to see you back here buddy. Smile And thanks for remembering this initial work I put out. It's back when some of us were just getting our sea-legs here, and endeavoring to contribute to the art. As I remember it, you did some wonderful works yourself. Smile

I know you've been busy with family and professionally, and doing a stellar job at both I'm sure - Always cheering for you, my old friend. Happy to hear your voice here again, and to feel a uniquely kind and magical spirit.

Happy Holidays ahead to you and the family. Smile

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9125 Posts

Profile of funsway
Mb and Tim got me back into doing coin effects after hand disabilities eliminated about 80% of what I usta could.

I tired ShortPockets and other and couldn't do all of the moves, so I began adapting and inventing new ways to achieve similar results.

Look to the inspiration in all effects you try -- and never set one aside just because "it isn't me."

If you have not explored some of Mb's effects do it today. If you put one on the shelf, dig it out.

Simple effects. Simple magic. Simply grand!
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Short Pockets is one of my favorite collections of coin magic! I just can't say enough good things about MB as a person and as a creator. He is definitely one of the good guys in magic.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8883 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, thanks funs and Ben, you guys help make this place, the place to be.

Happy Holidays ahead. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » I just love this trick… :) (13 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL