The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Gift from a new guy (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mentalsanta
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of mentalsanta
I like simple and sudden. Imagine sitting enjoying a cup of coffee with friends or clients and they randomly choose a card which appears on your coffee cup when you turn it around.

Method: 99 Cent Stores in California (and I assume elsewhere) currently have a cup with a blackboard in the shape of a cartoon caption bubble built (painted) in on one size. Comes all boxed and even with two free pieces of white chalk. Just force the card you wrote on the cup (with or without a deck...I prefer without) sitting in front of you and turn the cup around. Like the poor man's Koran Medallion.
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of seraph127
I'll have to see if I can scare up one of these. Nifty idea!
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of drmagico
If you google blackboard memo mug you will find it on Amazon..other types available on line which can be customized to use for prediction effects etc....just search coffee mug blackboard and a bunch will show up...there is a routine in there somewhere.
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
Be sure to observe which side the blackboard is on and to which hand the spectator uses to lift the cup. This would be an example of a left or right handed coffee cup.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Cool idea
I j
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Cool idea
I j
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Great idea! I would also say if for some reason you couldn't find one of these cups, you could easily make one! Cheers!
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4337 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Great idea ,now if only you could get a chalk swami writer,lol,then thay can pick what they like while you have the cup in your hand and chalk it down.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2405 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Mentasanta.
Welcome to the Café. Nice idea, thanks for sharing.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Gift from a new guy (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL