We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Down the Rabbit Hole (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1869 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Hey, gang, here is a beautiful little piece of work by our friend, Marion Boykin. It's called "Down the Rabbit Hole."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhuxUbbWeMY&feature=youtu.be
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Nice!

Thanks for showing!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Nicely done enjoyed watching.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10805 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I alway enjoy marions work,,,,, no frills just pure magic

thank you marion for once again sharing your beautiful magic with the Café
the godfather 9f magic
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
VERY SLICK INDEED!! Marion, that was so magical!! Excellent story that matches the routine perfect!!!!! ............... You are certainly quite the creative "MAGIC MAN" !!!!

MICKEY SILVER
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey thanks guys, it's just a little one coin thing I do. I got tired of the oft-used One Coin Routines, and just thought to do my own thing. I like using the little story and having the moves illustrate it all. People really seem to like it, and it is quite magical, to me, in the sense of old time kinda magic that my Grandpa would show me as a boy. And it makes people smile like my Grandpa used to make me smile whenever he pulled a few coins from his pockets. Smile

I don't often patter like this when I do magic, and most times don't think it's necessary as the magic speaks for itself in most cases. But in this one, well, it just seems to work pretty well. Smile And while trick coins have their place, and are definitely an asset, there's nothing like good old SOH. That way, as per your ability, you always have all you need to create right within your grasp. Smile

Thanks Ray for posting this here. I'm glad to see that people are really watching it and like the work. And all you need is one coin, a little story and the magic happens. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
FatherWilliam57
View Profile
New user
Beaver, PA
73 Posts

Profile of FatherWilliam57
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2014, Mb217 wrote:
And all you need is one coin, a little story and the magic happens. Smile

An excellent example of "less is more." The mechanics are incredible, but your personality and charm in relating the "back story" truly make it magical. And one can tell that you enjoyed presenting this just as much as those of us who had the privilege of watching it. Well done, sir!
The Rev. William B. Henry, Jr.
"If this be magic, let it be an art..." - Leontes
(Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3)
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Nice work!
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
I like the Rabbit Hole story MB. And the sleights are done quite well. Good job! While performing though, watch out for the flash as you gesture to show your hands clean.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks Father (and Welcome) Smile, Blue and DJ... Glad you all like this piece. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6996 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2014, FatherWilliam57 wrote:
An excellent example of "less is more." The mechanics are incredible, but your personality and charm in relating the "back story" truly make it magical.

Totally agree! Thank you, Mb! Smile

Doug
RobDougherty
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of RobDougherty
Another home run by Marion there I think, again it's so natural in performance and execution and the patter is so well timed I'm jealous. I love the "down to earth" approach you have Marion, you have such a likeable/charismatic air that the magic itself benefits tons and I find you incredible to watch. Great stuff Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You guys are too kind…Thank you so much. Smile

And as Father says above, "Less is more," and I strive for that nowadays more so than not. Most times I really try to keep things simple, but instantly amazing, and sometimes it doesn't take even a word… Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbnS3Czt7eg

FatherWilliam57
View Profile
New user
Beaver, PA
73 Posts

Profile of FatherWilliam57
Not fair, Marion! Another "what just happened?" moment. Oh, I have GOT to learn moves like that. Nicely done, sir! Smile
The Rev. William B. Henry, Jr.
"If this be magic, let it be an art..." - Leontes
(Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3)
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of cperkins
And although they don't take long to perform, everyone of these "Marion's Miracles" is set up beautifully before and after the main effect to accomplish the "sell" to the spectator. With this little quickie, the spec sees the empty left hand and then the empty right - and the spec is awed. That's a nicely designed little routine right there!

I think Marion's Crimp Change routine and the Crimp Change Redux is my favorite of his. A longer routine, but set up before and after the central effect just as beautifully.

My point is - these routines of his all have excellent routine design to them...even the little quickies.

Thanks Marion.

Chuck
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1869 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
"Some Spare Change?" another good one, Marion. Totally perplexing, beautifully clean, magical.
John J
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of John J
"Pulled him out by his tail". LOL love that Marion. Very nicely done! Great story for a quick coin effect.
Remillard
View Profile
New user
Mississauga, On
84 Posts

Profile of Remillard
Very nicely done Sir.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words on this. Smile

But just as a little can go a long way, a little bit more sometimes can gitter-done, too, if you got the time for it…Sometimes you do. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxTF04vddfo

David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
658 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
Hey Mb - I love reading that comment posted on your video you just linked. Just shows how those who think they know most, know the least.
I was completely fooled by that part when I first began coin magic and I didn't have to make up reasons - I just accepted that I didn't know Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Down the Rabbit Hole (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL