The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New "Lynx Prediction" - Thoughts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicByTJ
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of MagicByTJ
Hey Café,

I just came across this link. Seems fairly new to the market.

http://youtu.be/v93Lg0lFXtc

What are your thoughts? Too good to be true? This seems to be the cleanest confabulation illusion I've come across.
Looking forward to seeing your thoughts, or maybe even a review.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
This is pretty clean. But I think I have an idea on how this works...maybe...
That said, based on my idea, I don't think it'll be a one man illusion. And I think
you may have to make this work via a bluetooth connection. Its really a genius idea.
And if its not what I am thinking it is, then I have just created a genius idea!

Also, I couldn't get the website ' lynx-magic.com ' to load up properly.
BowerPower
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of BowerPower
I would love to hear more. To be honest, it looks too good in the full performance.
MagicByTJ
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of MagicByTJ
Chad - I bet we are one the same page method-wise, maybe not. The site has been working for me.

Here is an excerpt from the trick's description:

Welcome to a breakthrough and revolutionary illusion that will change the way mentalism is performed.

Lynx Prediction is one of the most clean and powerful illusions invented with the professional magician and mentalist in mind.

The plot is simple: an envelope is held on a tripod in full view from the beginning of the show.

No one comes close to it at anytime.

Then the magician is able to correctly predict anything, from numbers, letters, destinations, the lottery... you name it.

Keep in mind:

- The envelope is in full view from the beginning (no special boxes hiding the actual prediction, making the final effect much stronger and clean).

- The envelope is opened by the spectator himself.

- The illusion is easily customized with your client logo.

- No black art or background curtain needed (may be performed outside).

- Works with Mac, PC and iPhone users.
MagicByTJ
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of MagicByTJ
BowerPower - I was thinking the exact same thing, could this specific performance video be a little too perfect? Who knows...
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Looks interesting, let's see what the reviews say. I couldn't get the website to work either.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1334 Posts

Profile of barts185
My thoughts are as follows:

1) India is one of the most Oriental places in the world?

2) Since the hanging prediction is not in view the whole time (the critical time starting around 5:41), while we might be seeing a "full performance", we are definitely NOT seeing everything that goes on.

3) The product page (the home page is linked to in the video, so I feel it's okay to post it here) makes it even clearer what is going on: http://lynx-magic.com/products/p/1 , especially around 33 seconds into the video. Even though it's on the website, which is linked to in the original public video, the product video is an unlisted video, so I'm not putting that link here.

4) I feel, as I often have with magic products in general, and technology based magic products even more so, that the markup on this is ENORMOUS. Shark Tank's Mr. Wonderful would be drooling over the profit percentage. 1990 (flight case and tripod NOT included, and I don't think that even includes shipping) for something that I'll say on the high end might cost as much as 300 (just took a quick look at Amazon for some prices and then added over 100 for the front placard).

5) I'll stick with Cody Fisher's Comedy Confabulation (Professional Edition) http://www.codyfisher.com/store/comedy-c......edition/ , not only saving 1891 (technically minus the less than 50 it will cost to construct), but being able to do it without an assistant and without worrying if the batteries might run out at the wrong time.
GoncaloGil
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of GoncaloGil
Dear Sirs,

I am one of the creators of "Lynx Prediction".
Lynx Prediction is as clean as it seems. There are NO STOOGES OR FORCES of any kind and you can predict anything from as many spectators as you want.
There are no boxes or tables involved. There is only one envelope held in a tripod.
The envelope is in full view from the beginning of the show. The envelope is given to the spectator completely sealed and they can keep it as a souvenir (there are no "funny moves" or any technique involved during this process). The only thing that the magician as to do, is to take the envelope and give it to the spectator.
I do love mentalism and I am proud to have this killer effect and a perfect way to finish my stage shows. The audience have no clue how this illusion works, because it´s so clean and in an impossible conditions.
Me and my partner preformed and developed Lynx Prediction in the last 4 years. This illusion passed to several updates and new ideas as well. Now is finally shared to the Magic community.

What you see on the performance video is what you see live on stage.
The youtube link is now public you can see it on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Lg0lFXtc&spfreload=10
Please ear a few words from the creators: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4pz5UKAr_c&spfreload=10
And you can see the trailer as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A93YAGZNhJw&spfreload=10

Lynx magic is a new company with three different illusions, and others to come.

Please check also our products:
- Lynx Wallet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYMKJfhbZi4&spfreload=10
- Hands Free Prediction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gzTrpUppfI&spfreload=10

You can also check our website www.lynx-magic.com

If you have any doubt about Lynx Prediction or other product please mail us : info@lynx-magic.com

Cheers
GoncaloGil
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of GoncaloGil
Hi Guys,

Lynx Prediction has been just featured on Portuguese television, in the show PORTUGAL GOT TALENT.

We believe it is the strongest confabulation routine available.

You may see the full TV performance at https://vimeo.com/125858368

You may get it at lynx-magic.com

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I can see how this works, its a very good idea and as they say clean.

I have heard of this idea before not presented the same way or for the exact same use, but the same method.

Using it like they are is a very nice idea.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1069 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
This is not a one man effect correct. You will need an off-stage assistant.
GoncaloGil
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of GoncaloGil
Hello Guys!

After attending Mind Summit convention is Germany our product Lynx Prediction has been talked a lot.

Here you will see two private videos with what you receive when ordering the prediction: http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=0cb5......51cff9f1

The tripod is free with every Lynx Prediction ordered thru our website lynx-magic.com

Thanks
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1248 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
The ******** really isn't hidden very well, to be honest... very bad. Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10597 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Huh?

OK so I'm curious as to the noise levels when things get going - it seems you need some loud background music going to mask things perhaps?

Also the videos by the creators - as proud as they are - probably shouldn't be on such a public section of the Café.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
GoncaloGil
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of GoncaloGil
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2015, saysold1 wrote:
Huh?

OK so I'm curious as to the noise levels when things get going - it seems you need some loud background music going to mask things perhaps?

Also the videos by the creators - as proud as they are - probably shouldn't be on such a public section of the Café.

You don´t need any music to cover the sound it makes.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3796 Posts

Profile of JanForster
True, I have seen it in action at Cologne (standing very close)... Literally absolut silent. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
202 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
I love this idea and the method is very clever. But why did you (Lynx Magic) expose your own effect on youtube by posting the link above?
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
325 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
Because the goal is to sell it to magicians and they buy it because they like the James Bond method.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
202 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
I'm a magician. I like the James Bond Method. I understand and respect the honesty in marketing to magicians. I would even buy this if it cost around $500. But admitting it is a p******, which is an inexpensive piece of technology and then trying to sell it for $1990 makes me want to build my own. I also understand the upcharge to keep it out of the non serious persons hands, usually this same person will expose the effect. But they have exposed the effect themselves.
This is also something that can be constructed yourself. Not something like the Magellan Levitation (just for example!). Which you cannot construct yourself but the creator is also not uploading videos of the workings so that others may try.
Love the effect, I think Lynx magic is great. Aquarium is one of my favorite effects (this could be made better as well). But I just find the price tag a bit unjustified on this one.

Thanks!
GoncaloGil
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of GoncaloGil
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2015, pelicantrapper wrote:
I'm a magician. I like the James Bond Method. I understand and respect the honesty in marketing to magicians. I would even buy this if it cost around $500. But admitting it is a p******, which is an inexpensive piece of technology and then trying to sell it for $1990 makes me want to build my own. I also understand the upcharge to keep it out of the non serious persons hands, usually this same person will expose the effect. But they have exposed the effect themselves.
This is also something that can be constructed yourself. Not something like the Magellan Levitation (just for example!). Which you cannot construct yourself but the creator is also not uploading videos of the workings so that others may try.
Love the effect, I think Lynx magic is great. Aquarium is one of my favorite effects (this could be made better as well). But I just find the price tag a bit unjustified on this one.

Thanks!

Dear Pelican,

Thank you for the kind words.

When you buy Lynx Prediction you don´t buy only a printer.

Besides the idea that you obviously pay for, the printer is not a normal one. If you buy one printer you will not be able to perform the illusion since they work with 4 meters in distance, and use bluetooth.
Lynx Prediction works for 20 meters and does not use bluetooth, but a custom made and powerful wireless system.

Normal printers make a lot of noise. With Lynx Prediction you can even perform in a quiet room, very close to the audience.

Besides many, many other details that I can´t reveal on a public forum.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New "Lynx Prediction" - Thoughts? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL