We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Stuff to do with a C/S coin... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
There is a great transpo effect in Magic Menu (First five years) called C/S My Way. Very commercial very easy.
Joe
Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

Profile of Justin Craddock
There is a great transpo using 2 C/S coins, 2 half dollars, and 2 english pennies called Return To Ishtar, it was in an older magic magazine. This routine was so clean.
"When a performance is over, What remains"
Almost-A-Magician
View Profile
Regular user
New England
160 Posts

Profile of Almost-A-Magician
I am working on "Presto Chango" from Bobo, and Mark Jenest's Hopping Halves from his Miracle's While You Wait video. Both require practice, but are not overly difficult, and the one leads into the other failrly easily.
Dr.Fate
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Dr.Fate
David Stones vol.2 has two effects using the c/s.
One is cocktail matrix as stated above.The other is the
glove.There is a neat intro into this trick making use
of the c/s.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I guess that leaves me out of a job. Smile
Click to visit:
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What is the name of the 'pop o matic' application of a c/s on the ashtray under the glass?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Do you mean the "tiddlywinks"- change from Tom Gagnon?
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8696 Posts

Profile of harris
I have combined a C/S with a the M.P. for a nice visual change as part of a longer copper silver routine.

I am guessing others have discovered it as I did accidently while playing with some coins.

Perhaps it was Gertner that uses it with the M.P. as a hidden move in a multiple/different coins coins across.
(now that last sentence was clear as mud)

Harri
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
I agree with the previous posting on Mark Jenest's routine. It's called "Short Hop" and I like the patter. By the way, that video is spectacular, IMO. It's Magic While U Wait, and is beautifully filmed on the streets of Hollywood. I think Mr. Jenest is absolutely hysterical. Some great basic routines on that tape.
kerpa
a/ka Mike Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Hi Owen...thanks for the kind words.

My routine is based on Geoff Latta's groundbreaking routine CopSilBrass from Coinmagic. This is a must learn routine as it uses Geoff's handling of the Han Pieng Chien which is also in the book..

My routine varies from Geoff's to fit my style. Two of his transpostions are the core. One in particular is the best sneaky use of a C/S coin...period. It's Roth's opinion and I agree. Really brilliant. It's also really fun to do the CSB effect without the normal gaffed set. It just makes you feel good when you do it.

My version is on the MacMillian video of my lecture but it's only available in PAL videotapes.

Later this year I plan of releasing a DVD dedicated to coins and my handling with a few variations will be included. No idea when it will be out but it's in the pipeline.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2004-02-14 19:42, Bob Kohler wrote:
Later this year I plan of releasing a DVD dedicated to coins and my handling with a few variations will be included.

More coinzzzz, must h-a-ve moooorrre coiinnnzzzz
Click to visit:
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of cperkins
One of my favorite routines with a c/s is a Paul Cummins outine entitled, Silver Citation. Uses some backclip with Bobo switch. Just very well sequenced, fast moving and very entertaining to the spec. Check it out if you aren't familiar with the video.

cp
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
Just to set the record straight: Citation Silver, while it is performed and explained (with permission) on the Up In Smoke video, is a Bob Elliott routine...

Paul
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Thanks, Paul...and sorry Bob Elliot.

Nifty routine with C/S nevertheless.

Anymore Paul Cummmins projects in the works? Up
in Smoke was ssssooooooo good?!!! Can't imagine a coin worker not owning this video.

cp
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
Check out Doug Conn's Copper Silver Brash from his book. It has a really wonderful moment in it that is worth learning the routine for.
Jason
Marc01
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Marc01
On Doug's site there is a video clip of a C/S routine with a singing patter. Is that the routine?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Stuff to do with a C/S coin... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL