The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Speeding Up The Wells Index Card Tear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
There is a progression to the Well’s Index Card Tear that I would like to share with the purchasers of the Wells Compendium, but I’m not sure how to do that. Unfortunately, Lulu.Com doesn’t advise as to who the purchasers are, so there’s no way I can contact you guys specifically. If and when I re-do that Mss., I'll include this...but till then:

I thought posting the changes here would allow the purchasers to learn and apply them. I’ll put up a free DL on Lulu of this page when I can get to it, but in the meantime....

Charles indicated to me that he’d devised a way to shorten and simplify the Index Card Tear and was going to teach the new method in lectures. That, of course, never happened. He did not explain his moves to me, but I had already worked out a speed-up in the tear, so I said nothing about my own handling change.

I am assuming the thing that I'd worked out was the same as the thing that he’d discovered, since it is a logical progression in thought and discovery. You may well have already worked it out yourself. This eliminates one full tear (which also shortens the process) and simplifies the visuals.

If you follow the manuscript, this will make sense:

Begin as described up to the point of Step 4, pic #1. Immediately skip to Step 6. You’ll do all that between stuff all at once.

From that point, you’ll find Step 7 obvious as you slide back in at that point and make tear two. That’s it. The move eliminates one full tear and gets you ready, by the end of the second tear, to do Da Thang. No fiddling or fumbling.

From there, continue on and do Charles’ handling, or my snap-open handling.

I hope you like this and I hope it makes sense. If you’ve gotten the Wells Compendium and can’t figure out the above, just PM me. I’ll confirm your Mss. and send you clearer details.

Thanks for your attention,

Tom
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Thanks Tom. This is my preferred tear.

For folks who don't have this terrific manuscript, it can be bought here:

http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/john-well......317.html

Really nice thinking -- and well written, with an enjoyable voice.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Thank you Tom. Your post is dated exactly a year since Charles passed - synchronicity at work? I think he'd be amused.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
That's a jaw-dropper! Totally synchronitious. I'd beem meaning to put the improvement up here for a few months now. I delayed for days before I got to it. Spooky. It's like a little tap on the shoulder.

David, your book 'Phone Home' sounds like a great read, I spent a bit over a year doing phone psychic work back when.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I've sent you a PM Tom.

And a little tap on the shoulder is exactly right. I am certain that Charles has had a hand in some things that have happened over the past year so this synchronicity should be unsurprising to me. Who knows - I just smile and wonder!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Speeding Up The Wells Index Card Tear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL