The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Astral Enigma: Birthday Divination (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Hi guys.

A very good friend of mine, Andreu, show me an effect a couple of days ago. It is a Birthday Divination called "Astral Enigma" and I have to say I really liked it. It's very clean, and I have no idea how it works.
He told me he will be releasing it soon.

I'll post a review as soon as the effect is out.

Regards!
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Do you think it is cleaner than Atlas' free version he posted so generously on the Café?

Mindblowingly,
Charles
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Sincerely, Yes.
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2014, genius wrote:
Do you think it is cleaner than Atlas' free version he posted so generously on the Café?

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Although Atlas' version is quite good, and I thank him for his present, I think it is quite convoluted, because your spectator has to do multiplications, answering questions and so on... Not so direct for this kind of effect.
I am eager to see what Andreu came with.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
When read on paper Atlas version may seem convoluted but in practice it takes seconds and is very vey clean. If you have even basic cold reading skills then the 3 simple calculations that the spectator has to do are fully justified and it's completely impossible to backtrack.

I'd be surprised if Astral Enigma is cleaner than CloudNine but I guess it depends on the price because with IS 2, Iunlock, Michael Murray's method and now CloudNine I don't need another date divination enough to spend more than a few dollars for curiosity. I also have the zen system and a few others but I don't use them.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Indeed, Murray's method is wonderful!
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Good evening, gentlemen!

Astral Enigma is very clean and simple to do. Smile

Also, there are no forces involved.

I'm just taking care of its grammar and creating a nice cover for it before releasing.

Best regards,

Andrue.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Sounds great. How practical is this?
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2014, JoelDickinson wrote:
Sounds great. How practical is this?

Hi Joel,

You can perform this via Skype / phone call and it works in all languages, so it's very practical.

Price won't be high as there are a lot of approaches out there already and I want more people to become familiar with my way of thinking.

Yes there is math involved but the steps are very simple to follow and your spec can use a smartphone, which in these modern tech days is something fairly common. Smile

Andreu.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
For me Joel's horosecrets is my kind of effect to divine a sign. It can be built into any routine and there is no math. Some but none to even talk about.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2014, John C wrote:
For me Joel's horosecrets is my kind of effect to divine a sign. It can be built into any routine and there is no math. Some but none to even talk about.

Ok, but Astral Enigma is a birthday divination, not a sign divination.

Just thought I'd clarify there is a difference between the 2 type of effects.

Best regards,

Andreu.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Hi Andreu,

You say the spec can use a smart phone. Do they HAVE to use some form of calculator, or is it potentially prop less?

Regards,
Martin
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Alas the youth of today need a smart phone with a calculator for anything more challenging than 2+2

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Hi Andreu,

You say the spec can use a smart phone. Do they HAVE to use some form of calculator, or is it potentially prop less?

Regards,
Martin

This would actually depend on your presentation, but as Mark pointed out some need it for something harder than just regular operations lol, so I prefer that they use it.

The principle used is really cool and I haven't seen it mentioned before, so I'm happy to release this soon.

Best regards,

Andreu.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I'm looking forward to reading more details about it.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Thanks Andreu, I was just checking if it was potentially the same as an unpublished method that uses a smart phone to achieve the effect. It would seem it isn't. I look forward to checking it out.

Regards,
Martin
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Hmmm, I don't think I'm going to like this one. Sounds like there's complicated maths and will probably be similar to items put out by Gerard Zitta. I guess we'll see soon.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
My question is: do we need to "disguise" it as a reading and, at the end, reveal their birthday as a kicker? Most birthday divinations I have seen kinda require this approach.

Could we approach the spectator and say "I'm going to divine your birthday" and perform this effect? Not that I would approach someone like that, but I'm not too comfortable with readings (yet Smile) and I was just wondering.
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2014, Adrien Lochon wrote:

Could we approach the spectator and say "I'm going to divine your birthday" and perform this effect?

If you want than Michael Murray has a propless birthdate divination in his book that works like that.
Reader discretion is advised.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I nailed 4 birthdays one after the other a few nights ago, one used iunlock, one used Michael Murray's, one used Atlas' method and the other one simply gentle fi***ng. Once you know someone's star sign it's very easy to narrow it down with very little p**p**g.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Astral Enigma: Birthday Divination (36 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL