The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: A Trip To Cancun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
Title: A Trip To Cancun
Artist: George Iglesias
Producers: Twister Magic
Link: http://twistermagic.com/index.php?main_p......2a51afb2

Retail Price: $85.00
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Length of DVD: 50 Minutes
Notes: Comes with instructional video download.

Includes:
• Trip To Cancun Photo Props
• Download instruction card
• Grass Skirt & Bikini

A trip to Cancun is a revamped version of the classic Abbots “Bathing Beauty” effect. This effect is a great cabaret, parlor or stage effect with lots of comical moments and simple easy to do handling. This takes the sting off focusing on the method and really allows the performer to focus on working the audience for maximum comical effect.

A Trip to Cancun starts off like any other usual card trick. A card is selected and signed then vanished from the deck. The hardest thing about this performance is that you have to palm the card. The card apparently takes a wonderful magical journey to Cancun Mexico. Or so you tell the spectator. To prove it you show him a picture of a beautiful girl who is holding his card. Of course the card is facing backwards so you’ll have him reach in to pull it out. When he removes his hand he’s holding her grass hula skirt!

After the laughter dies down you open the picture back up to show the pretty girl standing there without a grass skirt on! You’ll let him try again so you fold back up the picture, he reaches in, and this time instead of the card he pulls out her bra! The audience loses it with laughter, and you open the picture back up to show her covering her chest with her twin coconut drinks. You tell the spectator that you’ll do it this time, but when you pull the card out attached to it is her bikini bottom! When you open the picture back up it’s a picture of her buff boyfriend asking you “WHAT THE &!#$?” Of course the card attached to the bikini bottom is the spectators signed card!

Simply put: What’s not to love about a Trip To Cancun? You have a portable piece of magic that packs flat and fits into a brief case, but yet it’s large enough to play on just about any stage. The comedy beats in this routine are gold, and you’ll find lots of different ways to milk the audience for laughter. You can create a memorable piece of magic from this one illusion, and if you’re doing your set as a part of a larger show (like you only have a few minutes to perform something) then this is an ideal choice to go to! Everyone loves to laugh, and this is certainly a routine that helps them to do so.

The props are well constructed and so long as you treat them right should last you a long time. The picture has built in magnets to help it stay locked shut when you fold it in half. That way you only show the audience what you want them to see. No accidently flashing the method. The only thing you’ll need to supply yourself is a deck of cards.

The instructional video is just shy of an hour long and really does a great job teaching you the effect. You can present this effect in one of two ways. You have a palming version and a non palming version. Honestly, the palming version gives you more bang for your buck in presentation so it’s well worth learning how to palm a card if you’ve never done it before. If you’ve never palmed a card before, then George will teach you his version of palming. The non palming version will require you to construct a simple gimmick that will help you vanish the card from the deck. The gimmick is easy to built, and won’t take you very long to assemble at all. George will walk you through the process so you understand how to do it. Probably over kill really… it’s not difficult.

The video also includes a full performance for a live audience. You get to see how George plays the jokes and works with his audience. The video quality is lacking, but at least the sound is good. I also liked the additional thoughts George gives you on storage and care for the prop.

With proper care and a little bit of love this is a wonderful comedy effect that will last you a very long time. I’m completely satisfied with my Trip to Cancun and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to add a little comedy magic into their stage routine.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8
The price is a little expensive but it’s well worth it. The props should last you a lifetime.

Teaching Quality: 7
The teaching on the downloaded video is pretty good. George leaves nothing out, or unexplained.

Video & Sound Quality: 4
The video isn’t the best quality, but it is passable. The sound is just fine.

Overall Quality: 8
I loved my Trip to Cancun and I can’t wait to perform this at my next opportunity. I love the stage appeal, and the comedy gags. This is a total win.

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: A Trip To Cancun (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL