The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ENOCH - A seance on tape... (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
So, this may work with other things besides the Dopps books. That sounds really good.

Yes, this sounds really interesting.

Ray
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
This sounds just tool cool.. Will have to pick this up..
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins

Thanks, fellas. Share the Word.

ENOCH update:

Those of you in the Flock of Enoch, look for an updated '2015 tape manual' in February. This v2 manual is free of charge to members of the congregation and will include; bonus ideas for alternate performances, source material, extensions, scripts, ideas for recuts, and remixes. If you have a routine or additional perspectives you'd like to share with the church body, please get it to me by Sunday, Feb 1st for potential inclusion in this updated devotional.

"Sunday School":

I'm holding out on the details a couple of limited edition surprise offerings too. Coming soon some very limited products to exploit the preacher's story even more. It's called Sunday School.

I stand on the mountaintop, tempted to share them now, but I reject the temptation in favor of continued development. I haven't been able to move on to other projects yet. There are a couple more details that the devil made me do.

Bizarre Regards,
Perkins
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
I look forward to seeing where this is all heading. It is rapidly becoming the beast with many heads.
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
So cool to see how Enoch keeps evolving.
Wonderful news Perkins!
Can't wait to see what the Devil made you do!
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
I had the great pleasure of performing ENOCH over the festive period for a small dinner party gathering. Here's an extract from the message I sent Perkins afterwards:

Quote:
It was brilliant! I had so much fun and so did they. As I suspected, the brilliance of the script, the power of the performance and the theatre of playing the cassette completely immersed and entranced my audience, all without me really doing anything. It's an unusual experience to have so much of the work "done for you", but remarkably pleasing.

All four of my participants found one or more of Stan's SENT words on their pages.

Although they all know me quite well and know that I enjoy "the unusual", all the participants (except for Mrs Cult) were left with some questions about the "realness" of what they had just experienced. It's a very convincing routine. Very powerful. I've never "pushed the envelope" as far as this dramatically before. I think the setting is disarming, nobody expects something this powerful after dinner, no matter how much they knew "something unusual" was planned. So the impact was really strong.

I also love that there is nothing to hide. No gaffs, nothing. You start clean, end clean. Everything can be handled and examined.

I had such fun doing it.

Thanks so much for creating ENOCH. It's a real gift to the community.

I can only recommend that everyone in Spooky tries it at least once. Whether you own Dopps or not. It is an amazing experience for the performer and leaves the participants absolutely floored.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
The Dark Cabaret
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of The Dark Cabaret
Perkins has indeed done it again! I'll be PMing you sir!
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
An update on the ENOCH February Update, henceforth known as ENOCH v2: The Ides of March.

Yes, I’m sorry, but it’s going to take a couple weeks more to finish everything I have in the works for this updated manual, bonus recordings/edits/sfx, and new routines. This deck manual update and these bonus track downloads are free to all of those in the Flock.

This is my last gasp with this story and I may have overdone it a bit. I hope to give you a handful of tools to take ENOCH anywhere you want to go.

I have to say, the arrival of Oculus MoB has harvested such a sinister crop of new possibilities for ENOCH that, well, that’s another week right there.

Also, there are those special and limited edition extension pieces in the works. Some of which will be for a limited time, some of which will be limited in number (70), and some of which are so specialized and artifact-based that you may has well have inherited them from the dark corners of someone’s attic (7).

It is most certainly the influence of a certain, former congregation member, but I’d like to share one sliver of a teaser…

Perkins
The Séance Party
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Very nice. Now I know what's been keeping you so busy.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
& we thought you were just sitting around twiddling your thumbs.......😆

Seriously though, looking for to what you've created for 2.0, also intrigued by the limited special extras, wont even ask about the ultra limited items that will be seen by only a few lucky people 😊
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
You are a mad genius Perkins!!
Love this news!!
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
ENOCH v2: Revelations

But of that day and hour knoweth no man ...

I know that really the only one loosing sleep over this thing is me. But perhaps there are a fervent few out there who would like to hear some news of the ENOCH updates.

The Tribulation:
There has been a delay to the Sunday School project (an error at the printers and a hold up at customs). It’s pushing many of my plans by a week or two. I suspect celestial influence, divine or otherwise. After this season of trial has passed there will be great reward. As mentioned earlier, the sales of the new Sunday School Cards will be limited to 77 decks. For eternity. 70 decks sold on their own and 7 as part of unique “Revelation Packs” that contain custom artifacts and surprise additions to the story.

The Good News:
The update is called ENOCH v2: Revelations and it has become a swarm of inspired ideas and auxiliary opportunities, whether your performance uses Doppelgänger, other effects, or a stand-alone séance. All of these will be available at no additional cost to all ENOCH owners.

- A host of printable props and coded artifacts, all designed to help you take the tape further.
- Epic routines and presentation ideas by Mathew Gostelow, Brynmore and Bobby Hasbun.
- Bonus Tracks including the fabled “Desmond Edit” for use with other book tests, 3 new edits by yours truly (“Solus Edit”, “Redacted” and “One-Sided Story”).
- Sound effects grab bag from my master sessions, so you can apply similar tape hiss, pop and room tone to your own edits.
- A custom book test utilizing one of the sermon books used heavily in performance. It's called THE JUDGEMENT SEAT and it will include instructions for marking your own copy from the preacher’s library.

It’s sort of my own personal Judgement Day. I want it to be good. I want it to be right. I want to arm you for a multitude of performance possibilities.

It’s not too late to confess your own ideas for inclusion either. Let me know. And feel free to PM for any additional info or details.

Perkins
The Séance Party
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
This wonderful. Just wonderful.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
WOW!!Thanks.

I have an generic edit that would fit most applications, but most likey you have covered a lot more ground here, I'm sure its more than enough Smile
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
This looks great.. So will this update be mailed to all current owners?

Thanks!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
WOW!!!
That sounds awesome!!!
Congrats Perkins!
Love this update.
I'll definitely be in line for mass... Smile
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2015, Kuroth wrote:
This looks great.. So will this update be mailed to all current owners?

Thanks!

Thanks, gang. It's going to be a doozy.

To answer your question, Kuroth. You will have to request it when the time is right. (That time is not now. When it is, I will make sure to shout it to the four corners.) You will be given a unique download code for the bonus material and the new tape manual. The updated one-two punch will automatically go out with all new orders of ENOCH.

Please, bear with me. There are lots of logistics still yet to figure. I think it will be worth it all though, when the trumpet sounds.
The Séance Party
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Sounds good.. Thanks for the Info..
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Perkins,

Great job. And don't sweat the new grey hairs this is giving you, they will just make you look more distinguished. Like the Sean Connery of the bizarre Smile
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Awesome news and your creative genius is soooo appreciated...glad to wait for such a worthy launch of this unique premise, effect and set of routines!
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ENOCH - A seance on tape... (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL