We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Ouellet's coin vanish (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6785 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Watch "Gary Ouellet Coin Vanish" on YouTube
Gary Ouellet Coin Vanish: http://youtu.be/AQ7a7k5zQWg
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10805 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Never looked like he put the coin in his left hand
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6996 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Agreed! Sorry. That was lame.

Doug
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
Ouch!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6996 Posts

Profile of Dougini
However, the French Drop was awesome!

Doug
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
Good save. lol
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4189 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Its not Gary who is performing that sleight.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
Well, at least we are all smart enough to know this guy is on the "RIGHT TRACK" ... I believe we need to congradulate him reguardless.... He is showing his "COIN MAGIC" at any cost!!! And nothing is more important than that of a person learning & loving the art of magic other than showing it to his peers ( here on the Café) and eccepting whatever criticism comes from it.

We were all there one time and we all know what it feels like to love the art of magic and want nothing more than to show what we learned, be proud of it and for people to see it.

This guy will learn best by what he is doing and by all the positive & negative things he will be hearing about his sleight of hand close-up magic!!

I personally believe anyone with the love, desire, motivation and drive to learn close-up magic can become an absolutely "FANTASTIC MAGICIAN"...especially combined with their passion , ambitions and knowledge to this excellent art !!

MICKEY SILVER
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6785 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2014, Dougini wrote:

Doug

I never thought it was terribly convincing either. Check Ouellet's performance of the move on his companion tape. I think you'll find mine looks pretty much the same as Gary's
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1869 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
The action of the coin in the right hand looks similar to Mulholland's Slide Vanish (Bobo, p. 28). It looks like Ouellet was trying to improve on that move by making the receiving hand take the coin more naturally. But the original is quite good and more effective than Ouellet's "improvement."
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2014, magicfish wrote:
Quote:

Doug

I never thought it was terribly convincing either. Check Ouellet's performance of the move on his companion tape. I think you'll find mine looks pretty much the same as Gary's

if you didn't think it was convincing, why use it?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10805 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I HAVE A PERFORMANCE OF MICKEY DOING A FRENCH DROP ON NE OF MY OLD DVD TAPES, IT PUTS GARY'S FRECH DROP TO SHAME
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6785 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2014, Double J wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2014, magicfish wrote:
Quote:

Doug

if you didn't think it was convincing, why use it?

I have never used it. Just looking for feedback. that's the beauty of sessioning.
Vinny inspired me to have the guts to show stuff to 3ach other wether its perfect, pretty good, or not so great.
Thanjs for the feedback on this interesting move fellas.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2946 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I think it could look good in the midst of a routine. Hard to get a good handle on it by just seeing the move itself.

I agree with Mickey, being bold enough to put it out there is a good thing.
I j
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Very true Mike. We tend to look at individual moves/sleights and appraise or criticize them as stand-alone effects. Most will appear much better when tucked in to a well-conceived routine.

Jim
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1869 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
After working with the move a little, I can see where Ouellet was going with the idea: an attempt to make the slide vanish more of a "take" than a "put." It might be worthwhile to work on the move, and as pointed out by Mike and Jim above, it would no doubt work better with motivation and in the context of a routine.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6996 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I see where this could be a good move. Man. I thought I was agreeing, but now see how that "lame" remark sounded! Yike! Sorry!

Doug
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
This post brings up an interesting question; should it be criticize it's shortcomings, or applaud the effort ? In my opinion the only answer is 'both'.

We should be encouraging any attempt at our craft, which includes constructive critical comments. Just my 2 cents....

Then there is the other side of this coin (!): watching clips of so many talented magicians can be a little intimidating when it comes to posting my own attempts ! To my thinking, it takes a level of courage to post a video, particularly for amateurs.
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
This is John Mulholland's Slide Vanish right out of "The New Modern Coin Magic" By J.B. Bobo Page 23.

John
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1077 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
I bet that there could be a nice visual retention if performed properly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Ouellet's coin vanish (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL