The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stay Cool by Tobias Dostal (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kevin Li
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Kevin Li
Imagine walking up to people and making a pair of sunglasses appear on your face with a wave of the hands or deck of cards! Then you change the color a few times to kick them in the face even more! Oh and it's clean at the end for inspection.

http://www.ellusionist.com/stay-cool-by-tobias-dostal.html
"Be yourself and Stay original"
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1788 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Whooooooooo!!!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
478 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
All jokes aside seeing this a couple years back at Magic Live from Tobias and last at TRICS from Tony was definitely a highlight for me. It is too funny.

Ryan
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Looks good, would be good for a comedy routine .
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Love the looks of this. I might just pick a pair up!

RNK
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
That is so weird! When the glasses appear, I don't think anyone would consider that an effect, but those changes....
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2014, Sashac wrote:
That is so weird! When the glasses appear, I don't think anyone would consider that an effect, but those changes....

I don't think I would present it as an effect. Just a great item to use to generate some fun by-play and comedy.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Im a sucker for these things! Ordered it!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
If it arrive to the UK, I'll purchase for sure!
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
I've seen the appearance performed live and it's a nice but those color changes.... that's new to me and it looks absolutely insane!
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ordered. I chose priority shipping 2 days so hopefully I can post a review in a few days. Depends if Illusionist ships on time? I have never ordered anything that was deliverable from them.

RNK
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I will be anxiously waiting for mine as well…in the meantime, I can only marvel at the well produced web page they created with all those videos…and that font! Love the whole marketing and design behind this!
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Wow
Anything is Possible
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2014, Sashac wrote:
If it arrive to the UK, I'll purchase for sure!

Won't happen unfortunately.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Gosh, this looks incredible...
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
I do not know why they showed the appearance more often than the color change. The appearance is just a (bad) gag, while the change looks amazingly clean and stunning. I think this should not be sold as a comedy effect, but as a serious and cool trick. Thumbs up for the color change though!!!

Kevin
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
This effect has so many applications from what I have seen in the various interviews on Ellusionist... Hope I get this for Christmas, if not, there goes $50 from my wallet. Lol
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2014, Kevin Schaller wrote:
I do not know why they showed the appearance more often than the color change. The appearance is just a (bad) gag, while the change looks amazingly clean and stunning. I think this should not be sold as a comedy effect, but as a serious and cool trick. Thumbs up for the color change though!!!

Kevin

Thanks, I thought I was missing something. The "appearance" looks like someone putting on glasses quickly. Is there supposed to be more to it than that? I do like the color change.
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
431 Posts

Profile of Axel
Quote:

Kevin

I disagree.
I think when Tobias does it after he flips the card behind his back or when he puts the handkerchief over his face,
it looks very magical when it suddenly appears.
What I don't understand why they show Tony Chang performing it badly so many times.
I think that kind of gives the impression that it is meant as a joke.
I have seen Tobias perform it a few times and it blows a lay audience away.

All the best,

LeXa
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
973 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2014, Axel wrote:
Quote:

Kevin

I disagree.
I think when Tobias does it after he flips the card behind his back or when he puts the handkerchief over his face,
it looks very magical when it suddenly appears.
What I don't understand why they show Tony Chang performing it badly so many times.
I think that kind of gives the impression that it is meant as a joke.
I have seen Tobias perform it a few times and it blows a lay audience away.

All the best,

LeXa

I second that, when he performed some card stuff and and the glasses seemingly appeared out of nothing. It looks stunning!
For me the color changes are just byplay of what is possible here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stay Cool by Tobias Dostal (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL