The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Twister Illusion hardware (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicRhett
View Profile
New user
Cumberland, MD
54 Posts

Profile of MagicRhett
Hello All,

I'm currently building a Twister illusion. I have the cabinet itself built and working great. I started the head mechanism and am having some trouble with it. I bought a 13 in lazy Susan hardware, but it's not working like it should. I think I got a wrong model. Does anyone have experience with the workings of this? Should I try to build my own lazy Susan hardware or is there a certain type of model I need to buy? I know I could just build the box like a head twister with the box in a box version. But I would really like to have just one box for the head. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
It is sold and someone on here gave the web address (a long time ago) I will do a search and see if I can find. I also THOUGHT (maybe wrong as I can't get to my plan right now)that is was given on the Osboune Plan.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
You don't say what specificially what the one you have is
doing or not doing that you want it to...

But most good restaurant supply stores sell the giant lazy susans. Get a good one, it takes some abuse and needs to hold the weight of the box when it's tipped up.

Ebay has them, but they sell 2-3 different qualities and sometimes you have to search for the all metal ones.
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
I am guessing he is haveing trouble finding one with a hole big enought to easly get his head through. It is not in the Osboune plan.
MagicRhett
View Profile
New user
Cumberland, MD
54 Posts

Profile of MagicRhett
Yes I was having trouble finding a big enough one for a head to fit through. But I just went another route and made it like a standard head twister. A box in a box version, with the bottom opened and the lazy Susan on top between the inner box and outer box. It works great!
ChrisPilsworth
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
74 Posts

Profile of ChrisPilsworth
Lee Valley Tools carry different size lazy Susans. You can check their catalogue online.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Twister Illusion hardware (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL