The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » John Bannon - Sizzle (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
As mentioned in this thread Big Blind Media have just released John Bannon's Sizzle, his super-charged examinable handling of Alex Elmsley's Dazzle, to be released on December 4th:

Watch the Demo

Pre-order

SIZZLE - You show a packet of cards consisting of three red backed Jokers and an Ace Of Spades. One of the red backed Jokers from this group is set aside, and replaced with a blue backed Joker. Instantly the other red backed Jokers magically change colour to match the blue stranger. Then one of the blue backed jokers is removed and replaced with a green backed Joker; the other Jokers in the packet turn green as well. Impossibly this happens a third time as a purple Joker turns the packet purple.

The Ace Of Spades is then removed and shown to have an ORANGE back design. Even more incredibly when the packet of Jokers is spread out it shows that every card now has a different colour back.

This bewildering and jaw dropping series of visual changes will leave any audience shell shocked... and then you hit them with the motherload. The packet of Jokers is flipped face up to show that every card has changed leaving you with A ROYAL FLUSH IN SPADES!

No sticky stuff
Ends completely examinable
Simple handling / Easy to do
Comes with the necessary nine USPCC cards

Sizzle is a steroid stuffed version of Alex Elmsley's Dazzle - a routine considered by many to be the greatest packet trick of all time. John Bannon has taken Dazzle to a whole new level. Using just the nine playing cards (provided) you will be able to show an incredible amount of magic. The routine is easy to do (using only simple moves) and ends with a mind melting climax.

"This is Bannon at the very top of his game. The amount of effect he gains from brilliant construction and subtlety is sheer genius!" John Carey

"My absolute favorite version of Alex Elmsley's Dazzle ever. Elegant and so CLEAN!" Cameron Francis

"Best. Packet. Trick. Ever." James Went, BBC’s ‘Help My Supply Teacher Is Magic’

"If anyone could reboot Alex Elmsley's "Dazzle," it's John Bannon. What a fantastically constructed routine!" Andi Gladwin

"John Bannon’s work on packet tricks has been a game changer, and SIZZLE is the pinnacle of efficiency. So much magic for so little effort, and examinable at the end?! My mind is just blown!" Liam Montier

"In true Bannon fashion, Sizzle is elegantly structured and powerfully potent." John Guastaferro

"It seems like every time I break my "I don't like packet tricks" rule, it's with a Bannon effect. Sizzle is another broken rule to add to my collection." - Jeff Stone, MagicReviewed.com

"Sizzle is simply terrific. John has taken Elmsley's Dazzle plot to a new level, and there is not a single gaff (which is hard to believe when you see the number of startling changes), making this an examinable miracle!" Peter Duffie

"Dazzle on steroids = Sizzle" Raj Madhok

"Any fan of John Bannon will want to add little "Sizzle" into their next performance." Bill Malone
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4800 Posts

Profile of RNK
I always enjoy Bannon's tricks! Though I do not like the fact that the specialty/colored cards wear very easy making the sleights/counts very difficult. If only they would offer replacement cards instead of having to purchase the effect again at full retail.

RNK
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Allways wanted to get the cards for dazzle but never got around to it. Now I can get this and do it. Brilliant ! Everything JB puts out is fantastic
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1346 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I am a huge Bannon fan. AND BBM fan. I own almost everything he has put out.
I have lost track of how many Royal Scam DVD's I have, since I have to buy the COMPLETE set over and over again since there are no replacement cards.
The last time I needed cards I just bought several different colored decks and made my own sets.

Sizzle looks fantastic, I was willing to order it until I saw the price.
Especially when I know I will wear the cards out in a short time.

If replacement cards are going to available, I would go for it.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Ask Owen. I'm pretty sure replacement cards will be available.

But I have to say, Card Shark manufactures the cards so they are of very high quality. Should last a good long while.

I LOVE Dazzle and this has to be one of the best versions I've ever seen. No ditching cards. Everything is examinable. I've been privy to this for a while now and have been dying for it to be released so that I can get my hands on the cards! Smile
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
If you look at the demo closely at the start it looks like a set that John has made up as it has two WPT cards and a Green Bicycle Card. I am assuming once you have bought this and learnt it you will probably be able to make it up from other decks with unusual back designs, as there are no gaffed cards etc. you just sacrifice using the Jokers, it looks like John's set was using Three of Hearts cards, so you could grab all of the same card like a low spot card from other random decks to make up your own packet and just change low spot cards instead as long as the faces are regular bicycle style pips.
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2014, The expert wrote:
SOUNDS LIKE A PAUL GORDON TRICK

I can't remember a Lorayne trick that sounded like this.
You must be mistaken.
Smile
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4144 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow that was great to watch ,a very nice visual card effect executed superbly.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4144 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Whoops double post,sorry.
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
"This is Bannon at the very top of his game. The amount of effect he gains from brilliant construction and subtlety is sheer genius!" John Carey

"My absolute favorite version of Alex Elmsley's Dazzle ever. Elegant and so CLEAN!" Cameron Francis

"Best. Packet. Trick. Ever." James Went, BBC’s ‘Help My Supply Teacher Is Magic’

"If anyone could reboot Alex Elmsley's "Dazzle," it's John Bannon. What a fantastically constructed routine!" Andi Gladwin

*it's ok. Ray Tupper
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Like everyone else, I'm a huge john Brannon fan- but this is a confusing mess. Nothing seems motivated, weird handlings, and a weak payoff. For me, having the backs change to the multicolor versions at the end(as happens in most of his other packet tricks) is a much stronger finish.
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
This is cool,

And I'll buy it;
since I buy everything

but I still like Dazzle way better,
with Elmsley's cards,
with Elmsley's patter

I got the set from Vanishing Inc.,
and Dazzle is still, for me,
The Best Packet Trick
Of All Time
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
414 Posts

Profile of boinko
A mess. Great visuals, but narratively -- a mess.

Bannon needs to edit. This is a messed up plot that gets boring quick. Magicians love it -- laymen? Yawn.

Technique with Bannon is gradually overtaking plot. John -- come on. You're one of the smartest -- if not the smartest -- cardmen out there. Edit this down. Streamline it. You've got the technique -- no one doubts it. But plot is what matters.
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
I didn't care for this either. It was confusing and I just didn't get that sense of magic or mystery too it. I wasn't impressed with it.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

Elmsley's trick is great. So is his presentation. And you could adapt a similar presentation with this one if you wish.

For all of those saying this trick is a mess... Really? The plot is pretty straight forward. You put a card with a particular color in the packet and they all change to that color. Then there's a nice surprise ending.

Kind of like the original Elmsley effect... You know. The CLASSIC.

Come on, guys. If you perform for lay people, you know they love color changing backs and kicker endings. People who say lay people don't like this stuff have clearly never performed this kind of magic for a lay person.

One of my lay friends who has seen a lot of magic loves tricks like these. "I like it when a lot of stuff happens to the cards," was his exact quote. This trick fits the bill.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

It should also be noted that this version of the effect is more akin to Roy Walton's version of Dazzle which Aldo Colombini sold for ages. It's a great version with a similar technicolored/kicker ending, but you need to ditch cards in the Walton/Colombini version, whereas in this version, you don't have to ditch anything.
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
I just learned that snoop dogg endorsed this product. His testimonial: this is da bomb, fo shizzle sizzle my nizzle. Smiley face.

Mindblowingly,
Charles
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2014, genius wrote:
I just learned that snoop dogg endorsed this product. His testimonial: this is da bomb, fo shizzle sizzle my nizzle. Smiley face.

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Timely
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
I already do Royal Scam which is easier to follower and ends the same. Sizzle means learning a whole new routine for very little reward.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
575 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2014, Phil J. wrote:
I already do Royal Scam which is easier to follower and ends the same. Sizzle means learning a whole new routine for very little reward.

Exactly how I feel. Plus Royal Scam $12, Sizzle $27 !!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » John Bannon - Sizzle (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL