The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Geography (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of CThomas
Hey, I just posted a response in another thread mentioning the locations of some posters here, and that got me thinking. There are obviously people from all over the place here, but my non-scientific sense from looking at posts seems to indicate that there are large groups of mentalists among those posting here in Great Britain and in Washington State. I can chalk up the large UK contingent to cultural factors, but why Washington? Washington State has about 2% of the population of the United States but I'm guessing it has 25-30% of posters here -- a massive over-representation! Am I wrong about this? If I'm right, what accounts for it? I'm picturing a massive commune ruled over by Bob Cassidy.

Perhaps I'm just bitter because there appears to be nobody here from the "cool" Washington -- Washington, DC -- to help me figure out someone who could teach basic billet work. (Always happy to receive a PM if I'm wrong about that!)

CT
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Weed is legal here, so we tend to talk a lot more.

The biggest concentration of mentalists in the US, though, is in Los Angeles and the New York/New Jersey metro area. (Not all that far from D.C.- where I once lived for eighteen months.) There are also more than a few in the Baltimore area.
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Interesting thoughts here, I can relate as being from a large city like Boston I always assumed it would be swarming with mentalists and magicians alike yet have struggled to find many, though it may just be everyone is too afraid of never being able to pronounce the word car correctly if they visit.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
There are more than a few of us here from the Boston area, some are quieter than others though. Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...always wanted to visit Boston and New York...i think I could live in either place if I ever settled down elsewhere...quite fancied parts of Canada too...
I've asked to be banned
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
I list Boston but I'm actually just north of the city.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Me too, Revere. But it is part of the Greater Boston Area.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm from Washington state too ...just sayin'
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
I am from Spokane Washington. Strange. I sense a collision of dimensions and where they intersect just over Washington.
Best wishes,
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
I am originally from just outside of Boston and moved to AZ in 1991, but have had several AZ natives hear my accent and ask if I am from New York or Boston! They just know the accent sounds strange to them, but don't realizs there is a big difference between, "I pahkt my cah" and "I porked my core"...! Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Happy to hear I was wrong, always nice to discover some mentalists that live nearby
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Washington, Boston, and the UK... hmmm... so Mentalism appeals to people that live in a place that has a ten year forecast of cloudy days.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
I'm relocating to DC next month -- anybody in DC?
erikdobell
View Profile
Regular user
Gatlinburg Tennessee
139 Posts

Profile of erikdobell
I've lived in North Carolina the last 5 years and it has very little in terms of Mentalism or Magic. So...if anyone on this forum lives near the Triad feel free to shoot me a message.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Geography (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL