The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » CueCommand- RE: Cease & Desist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
November 24,2014
11:45pm Pacific Time (Time Stamped Publically for Witnesses and IP logging, Server in Different Time Zone).

Sean K Owens, Esq.
Wood Herron & Evans, LLP

Re: Cease & Desist Letter

In regards to your Cease & Desist letter dated November 14, 2014 and received on November 17 with a 7 day response time. On behalf of Deceptively Simple, Inc.

I don't sell the software WinAmp, AutoHotkey, rather they are freeware available since 1999. Any software or script I may have to offer is available for Free and pieced together from public free sources or basic programming. I have offered recommendations of Free software for years.

The hardware in question in your letter is Rf components sold by Linx Technologies,Inc and parts sold by SparkFun,Inc. I don't sell them personally because I am not a distributor or I don't own those companies. They are separate legal entities. I also have recommended Ijet remote, Socche, Logitech and other major brands. Lighting equipment, etc, etc. I also don't sell them.

I don't own the hardware or the free software but can recommend them to magicians and performers as per my constitutional rights. I also have the right to sell or offer anything for sale if I choose.

Since 2004 or over 10 years I pioneered using apple products and the Ijet remote to control your show music. My posts on the MagicCafe on remote control systems are in the hundreds and well established and documented.

Now to the address the issues or false comments and statements, if you read this one thread you can clearly see how the principals of Cue Command may be possibly/allegedly behaved in less than professional manners.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=11

I can also provide several circumstances similar to above were some misunderstandings allegedly occurred.

However, I will keep silent to the best of my knowledge when they are advertising on the MagicCafe and refrain from commenting.

Hopefully this resolves this matter amicably with Deceptively Simple, Inc and their principals.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
582 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Hi gothike -
I've been reading your posts for years. I don't always agree with what you have to say, but you have very often given me food for thought in regard to controlling music in my show. I cannot believe that they hit you with a cease and desist letter over your posts on the magic Café.

I agree with you completely that "Team Deceptively Simple" has acted unprofessionally here on more than one occasion.

Based on their repeated unprofessional statements here, and now knowing that they will sick the lawyers on you if you don't have something nice to say about them or their products, I know I will never do business with them. They really need to rethinnk how their actions and statements affect their potential customer pool.

Hopefully their lawyers will leave you alone after this. Good luck!

Best Regards,
Tony
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
This post has been up for almost a week and had not gotten any responses. Pro or con. Very surprising, especially for the Café. I had attempted to write a post about what I thought of Team Deceitively Simple Minded's marketing practices, but then erased it because I thought I might receive some unwanted correspondence myself 😳.

As I mentioned in another post and as Tony has mentioned above, I wouldn't do business with TDS either. And the pool gets smaller.

Hang in there Gothike, I for one enjoy your informative posts.

John
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Mark me down as another lost customer for Deceptively Team Simple!
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
So Deceptively Simple, Inc. sent the Cease & Desist?
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Apparently you get one with a purchase of any competitor's product. Remember this is Simply Deceptive.......ah........something like that. LOL

John..er...I mean Joseph.
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Well, for me, it's the perfect device. I use Cue Command excluseively.
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
182 Posts

Profile of allan31
Hi guys !
I bought the Cue Command some months ago and I now use it with 3 remotes! Yes 3 remotes : one on me, one backstage and one on a table !
It's one of the best purchase for my show and the Customer service is really great !

So, guys, buy one !!! Smile
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Nice way to resurrect a dead thread! Very " Deceptive" lol.

John
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
182 Posts

Profile of allan31
Hi John Martin !
I don't know what's your problem with TDS...
I am not a close friend with TDS and I live in France ! The only thing I can say is that the product is really great and that it's really a pleasure to work with. Yes, I have the product and use it !

but it seems it's a problem for you that magicians use it and like it... Crazy world !
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
You posted your comments in the wrong thread. This one is not about testimonials and is over a year old....that's all.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » CueCommand- RE: Cease & Desist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL