The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Torn---Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mch64961
View Profile
New user
TN
82 Posts

Profile of mch64961
Hello Café members!
I have been practicing DG's Torn. I feel good about the entire routine, but my only concern is during the second attachment. I am worried about spectators getting a peek at the bottom (below my two fingers holding the piece); this could be me being paranoid too. And no, covering with my entire hand is not optional, as that takes away from this beautiful routine, imho. So if anybody could please ease my mind about this I will be eternally grateful!
-mch64961
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Tommy Wonder's advice is good here: buy a deck of cheap dollar store cards and practice tearing and restoring every last card in the deck. After one or two decks have been used up, you will probably be pretty good.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, mch64961 wrote:
Hello Café members!
I have been practicing DG's Torn. I feel good about the entire routine, but my only concern is during the second attachment. I am worried about spectators getting a peek at the bottom (below my two fingers holding the piece); this could be me being paranoid too. And no, covering with my entire hand is not optional, as that takes away from this beautiful routine, imho. So if anybody could please ease my mind about this I will be eternally grateful!
-mch64961

I saw Garcia perform this trick at the close-up room at the Magic Castle. It was beautiful and totally baffling. Lots of well-versed magicians witnessed him perform the routine and it went over extremely well. I wouldn't worry about the phase. It's based upon a great optical illusion. As long as nobody is sitting down looking up then the phase is very effective.

Best,
MJ
brandontoh
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of brandontoh
I would suggest just practicing till you're comfortable with it. There's no shortcut to it, after all.
Laurence Morland
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Laurence Morland
You mean the third of the four pieces (not the second of the four pieces, which would be the first attachment really)? Just checking...

Remind me to relearn this amazing effect. Though I do Torn 2 Pieces. Does anyone do both in the same walkaround environment? Are they too similar? Torn 2 Pieces is less visual but funny, and extremely easy to do.
Member of Equity, the performer's union
Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Torn---Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL