The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Levitating small objects trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Hello...does all levitation of small objects use the ITR??

If yes, then why would you bother buying a levitation trick?

Just buy an ITR and they can do it themselves...
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2949 Posts

Profile of niva
No not all. Since we are in the cards section, why don't you check Alida or Easy Float?

And when IT is used, it isn't just the IT. The hook ups are different and allow for different moves and advantages.
Yours,

Ivan
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
If you are looking for a card levitation that does'nt require the whole deck to be gaffed, and you want a levitation that looks really good and end clean...?
One word: loops.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1358 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Again this the card section... so Dan Harlan's HoverCard might be just what you are looking for
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2949 Posts

Profile of niva
Yeah, forgot about that one.
Yours,

Ivan
JEFFC
View Profile
New user
RI
70 Posts

Profile of JEFFC
I searched a couple sites for Easy Float and didn't find it. Is there another name or originator's name?
thanx
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Jeff,
Easy Float is a stupid trick! stay away from it.
Here's the link though:
http://www.downloadmagic.com/easyfloat_info.shtml

I found Finn Jon's Loops to be the best way to float a playing card - and I've tried many..
Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
JEFFC
View Profile
New user
RI
70 Posts

Profile of JEFFC
JackDaniel,
Thanks for the tip on Easy Float, too bad though. I've been looking for a (some) non IT levitations (in fact I posted a question in in The Magic Café Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » When You're Not Equiped And Someone Asks You "Float This!"). Why don't you like Easy Float?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4826 Posts

Profile of Dave V
JEFFC,
Watch carefully the animation on the downloadmagic site and you'll know exactly how it works. (well, maybe not "exactly" but with some thought you can put your finger on it)

This is not original to Fearson. I think I read it in an Anneman book several years ago.

You're asking for something "When you're not equipped." What happens when you don't have the "special deck" handy? You're only equipped when you carry this with you, just like most other gaffed levitations.

The price of the "download" includes only the instructions on how to gaff the deck. Any good "Brick and Mortar" store would at least sell you the gaffed deck and save you the trouble.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Seconds that the Easyfloat is "useless",
There is way to much work to make the gimmic, and there are several ways to make a card float that will look alot better too,
I would check out the Ben Harris site:
http://www.wowbound.com/

He has got some nice applications to the stuff you're looking for..

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
Quote:
On 2004-01-30 04:44, eryanic wrote:
Hello...does all levitation of small objects use the ITR??

If yes, then why would you bother buying a levitation trick?

Just buy an ITR and they can do it themselves...

You don't have to use the 'R' part to levitate, only the 'IT' part.

Wonder Bar (one of the first)
Lite Flight
Floating match on a card (can't remember the name)
etc....

Yes, you can make these effects yourself. Try Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Thread Miracles.
Alan Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Alan Morgan
Floating match on card (or whatever it is called) is a really good one to have. There are no angle problems to speak of.
I have had a few people saying that it is an optical illusion though (Bee decks have that pattern that makes it seem like that).
Mine broke in the middle of a performance because somebody grabbed my hand and did something that would cause it to break. The secret fell un-noticed onto the floor.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11906 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Does the Floating Match on Card use IT?
danelwood
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
85 Posts

Profile of danelwood
Quote:
On 2005-02-23 07:11, Candini wrote:
Does the Floating Match on Card use IT?

All I can say is get Cosmosis by Ben Harris, and also the newer protips booklet
for further information on the effect.

Since I got it a few weeks ago, it has slaughtered everyone I've shown the effect
to.

Any other floating match on card does not cut it.

Cosmosis is it.

Dan
"Now watch closely!"
threadz
View Profile
New user
TN.
37 Posts

Profile of threadz
I like zoom by ben Harris it was a neat idea of i.t. I use miracle thread for a lot of stuff it is inexpensive as well and we sell a lot of it.
www.xtrememagicshop.com

where the magic is limited only by your Imagination!
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
I recently bought the spider pen at the blackpool convention. its been the best buy since I started magic. check it out
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Try the Vernet Levitator. It's not the greatest, but you can "float" heavy objects like bottles, CDs and what not. You can find it at http://www.vernetmagic.com

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Levitating small objects trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL