The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Card routine with a silk revelation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Hi all,
Unfortunately I don't do many routines using silk, still I heard there were silks out there with a card of some kind printed out there, and that makes my imagination go wild.
What a great way to finally reveal a chosen card! Very curious on which routines you guys do with a "cardsilk"?

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6680 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi, Eirik!

After looking at Silk King Studio's site, I found this:

http://www.silkkingmagic.com/Art%20Pictu......Silk.htm

That's "Ultimate" quality silk, though...don't know if you want to go that route...I'll continue to search, and if I find something interesting, I'll edit my post here.
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Thanks Dougini,
The silks at the site looks cool, but I guess I'd have to find silks with just a single card printed, and maybe a bit smaller?
Thought I'd buy a bunch of them and give them away as a souvernir after each performance.

I have to come up with a solid routine first though.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Eirik,
My favorite card tricks end with card silks. Ready for a list?

Crystal Silk Cylinder - Put in a blue Silk (for card back) White silk (for card front) and then force a card. Ask the spectator Red or Black? Put in the correct silk. Cover, Uncover, and reveal the correct card on a silk. Ask the spectator to show his/her card. Done.

Silks Between - Vanish solid color silk, have card selected, and reveal card silk tied between. Done.

Card in balloon - Vanish blank card silk, Have card selected, and then have silk appear in clear balloon. When the balloon is popped, it has the card silk. Done.

I do not believe you will be giving those silks away. I may have three dozen of them I have accumulated over the years. The smallest I use is 18" but I have up to 36" card silks. I don't think I have any nice ones that were less than $20 each and many well over $50.
Sign the card and let them keep the deck!

Enjoy!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS I served for several years on the board of directors of a corporation in Norway. It was very educational for someone from the USA. At age 36, I was considered very young there to hold the post. (Almost too young!)
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Thank you Bob,
Just like I was looking for.
Card printed silks look great, but just like you said, I went down to the only Magi-shop in Oslo last saturday, and they had those printed silks in three different sizes, the smallest one about 12" with a pricetag at $22 - yeah right!
I'm getting some of these silks, but I'm going to order online once again.

-e-
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Eirik,

I noticed that some of the online magic auction sites have several nice card silks at reasonable starting prices. Give them a try. It may make your money last longer and give you more variety in forced card choices.

I'm sorry I was right about the prices! They are just not give-away props. I don't pay that much for doves!

(I do give rabbits away.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Card routine with a silk revelation? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL