The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tarot: What Emotion is your subconscious hiding? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BillyAcre
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of BillyAcre
May not be perfectly germane to this forum, but I found it fun

http://www.playbuzz.com/benjaminbirely10......s-hiding
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Oh I think it's perfectly germane. Thanks for posting.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1422 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Interesting site.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That was fun!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3403 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The comments btl are very interesting. It would seem generic readings produced by a computer are credited with incredible accuracy and insight by the general public.

Something for "real" readers to consider?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Something for "real" readers to consider?

i wouldn't say so..you don't want to be using canned lines for readings, (however you define "real") - just use the rules of the oracle and that's it...
I've asked to be banned
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3403 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Iain,

I think you misunderstood my point. "Real" psychics are forever presenting personal testimony from clients as proof of their abilities, and yet this novelty online game appears to give amazingly accurate readings according to the public response btl.

It would seem canned readings are very bit as effective as the "real thing".
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Further experimentation has made me think that they've kept with some traditional key words for each tarot card...(deliberately picking the tower whenever it came up, mixed in with some other choices) gave me the answer of "anger"...so whoever created it, has at least stuck to some kind of consistent meaning(s)...

@martin - I think because you are obvious very anti "the real thing" (i have no evidence of the real thing, and that's about it) - but I do think the tarot can be meaningful under the right context...but I don't believe its in a psychic way...and I don't know if all tarot readers deliver it as a psychic thing, again...no real evidence to support it either way...i would have thought more do than don't...if its done traditionally....in this instance, it does look like there is some evidence in that the creator of the game has at least given it a little thought, and used the card meanings consistently, which is what I meant by rules of the oracle...
I've asked to be banned
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Darkness
It was fun Billy thanks and I think that's the whole point of it all.

I got Joy:
Your subc0nscious is hiding a profound j0y! The Tar0t reveal that at your c0re you're incredibly happy and 0ptimistic! You may have had some challenges or difficult circumstances that have g0tten you a bit d0wn, but it's time to rec0nnect to your true, j0yful nature because it's shining through! The stars are aligned in your fav0r and ready to bring you l0ts of happiness and laughter. Are you ready? Be 0pen, never hesitate to smile and reveal your blissful inner happiness! The w0rld definitely needs more j0y; we're s0 lucky that we have you to give us some!

I think it's a pretty safe, generic, positive reading that most could apply to themselves? I'm pretty sure the other readings I could also apply to myself.

As long as the so called "real" psychics are not causing harm and people are happy, entertained and/or driven to better their lives, isn't that all good? Maybe we should be saying its not right if its the opposite. Why generalize the issue?
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Funny that "Darkness" got "Joy" Smile

Martin, seriously, canned readings seem "every bit as effective" as the real thing? It shows how little you understand about that world.

Darkness, I've been involved in one way or another with the metaphysical/spiritual community for a long time, I have friends who make their living in the field and I have NEVER witnessed or met one of these Frauds, Charlatans, Unethical Scam Artists, and Unscrupulous Scum the haters are always going on about. Do they exist? Sure, just like in any other profession, in fact I would say that in other professions it is MORE of a problem than it can ever be in the spiritual community simply because people who are attracted to or tend to get involved in spiritual communities are generally peace loving people. Walk into any metaphysical store and the messages are always about hope, faith, personal empowerment, bettering yourself, and helping people cope with whatever they might be going through with the support of a loving, caring community. In that regard it IS all good. The opposite is never good, under any circusmtances, I totally agree with you.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Alexandre - I think the trouble is, sometimes the metaphysical shops, the readers and others can create a reliance, rather than a relationship...readings can be therapeutic, but they are not therapy...

we need to be state (like you have) that there are genuine frauds (great phrase I think) in these fields...and generally, I find it odd that non-frauds don't do more to protest against/out the genuine frauds in their circle(s)...there's some great, kind, intelligent and good hearted readers (and others) out there - we just need to make sure we never try and hide away from the negative, and instead face up to it...its a fact...

going back to the therapy comment I made, the best any good therapist wants for their clients, is to generally never see 'em again! to know that they feel safe, able to deal with their problem(s), and have a coping mechanism which means they can stand on their own two feet, or know when to get some support...with some kinds of readers, I think they enjoy having a long list of clients who come visit them every three months or so, sometimes moreso...sometimes an email, a call when every bigger life decision crops up...and that's not healthy for anyone...

the game/link is ok - they've obviously put a bit of thought in it, as if you test it with extremes, it reads ok...
I've asked to be banned
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I am used to the Tarot delivering a meaningful message (despite being a complete sceptic, and having NO psychic ability or belief). So I was a bit surprised at how far off the mark my reading was!

Full of angst indeed! I am almost completely immune to stress and angst. It was fun, but I will stick to the real, uncanned, readings.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You seem a little angry in this post ..maybe you are a little stressed or something? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Very stressed - a wrong Tarot reading will do that!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2014, TonyB2009 wrote:
Very stressed - a wrong Tarot reading will do that!

SELF FULFILLING TAROT READING!!! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tarot: What Emotion is your subconscious hiding? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL