The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Penny" is the second-most popular forum on the Café? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1476 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I just noticed that "Penny" has the second largest number of posts of all of the sub-forums on the Café (a close second to the "Workers" section). Does anyone else find this surprising? I would think that the magicians would outnumber the mentalists here.

Anyway, I thought this was interesting enough to post. I'm not sure if it means anything.
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
The media swarmed over my last blindfold drive... I ran over
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
Very aware of it. It has been so for a long while. All googleable too.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1256 Posts

Profile of reese
Lotta $ to be made here...
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It means that mentalism, unfortunately, is still the flavor of the month and that more and more magicians are incorporating mentalism.
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
The media swarmed over my last blindfold drive... I ran over
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
Indeed, and I do not foresee that month ending.
CThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of CThomas
It could also be an artifact of the way that there are many sub-forums for magic discussion, while discussion of mentalism is largely concentrated here and Inner Thoughts. So even though there is much more discussion of non-mentalist magic, that discussion is diffused more widely over a greater number of smaller sub-forums.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2014, CThomas wrote:
It could also be an artifact of the way that there are many sub-forums for magic discussion, while discussion of mentalism is largely concentrated here and Inner Thoughts. So even though there is much more discussion of non-mentalist magic, that discussion is diffused more widely over a greater number of smaller sub-forums.

Many of us have wanted a separate forum for readings. So far our pleadings have fallen on deaf ears.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2014, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2014, CThomas wrote:

Many of us have wanted a separate forum for readings. So far our pleadings have fallen on deaf ears.

We had one years ago, it was a hot spot of controversy and a disaster.
It was removed.

Tony
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That's a shame too....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3403 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Oddly, none of the internet forums for psychic readers have a sub-forum for mentalism. I can't imagine why.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
It means that mentalism, unfortunately, is still the flavor of the month and that more and more magicians are incorporating mentalism.

I blame your excellent Penguin lecture Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 30, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:

Uh, oh. What was I thinking? Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
While Penny is a very popular forum, it'd be interesting to know what has been the most popular thread overall. If we go by the criteria of # of posts and/or # of views, I suspect it's the Answer a Question with a Question thread in NVMS.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Good God, landmark. I'm afraid you're right. The dumbest, most useless, and most time wasting thread on the Café is also the most popular.

Why do you suppose that is?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10632 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:

If you kiss arse anymore you might hurt yourself my good troll 😄
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6924 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
Good God, landmark. I'm afraid you're right. The dumbest, most useless, and most time wasting thread on the Café is also the most popular.

Why do you suppose that is?

Bob, that was my question...but I was hesitant to ask...

Doug
Newsround
View Profile
New user
UK
82 Posts

Profile of Newsround
I've not been around on here long, but it doesn't surprise me. As Bob says, mentalism is definitely massively popular at the moment.
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
I'll bite. Which forum is NVMS?
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Not Very Magical Still. It's a sub-forum in "General Magic."
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10632 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Nvms wasn't a good place for moi 😃
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Penny" is the second-most popular forum on the Café? (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL