The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Colored ball to Sqaure to black ball ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Piglet
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, Canada
81 Posts

Profile of Piglet
Hi,

I'm just wondering, I'm worried that I'm going to wear out my sponge square when I push it thru my left hand. like the top of the square part because, I need to apply quite a strong force to get it changing.. Will it be possible that my square will actaulyl break at the top ( like wearing out?) I know this may be a silly question but I just got the square and I feel like the top part is already thinner than the other sides? ( its pretty new)
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
Eventually it will become easier to use after use. one thing to help soften it is to wet the ball to square it will also make it look larger.

Over time it could eventualy wear out and have to be replaced. I realy would not worry about it doing it too soon though.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Hi Olivia,

Don't sweat it. Yes the top is thinner and yes it will wear out but once you become attatched to a trick buying replacements won't feel so bad.

I have used the sponge balls to square for years now, I have only burned through four sets - I don't consider that a big loss as each set has entertained many.

Doing it over and over in a street set or restaurant or walk-around will mean more times performed so in that case you could use many more, but again the cost of doing business is well worth the audience appeal.

Good luck in your magic and welcome to the Café.

Frank
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
It was mentioned above, but soak it in water. That helps out the sponges.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22398 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I noticed you are a female, make sure you are not pushing with long pointed fingernails. Use the ball of your fingers.

Bill
Piglet
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, Canada
81 Posts

Profile of Piglet
Thanks I'll take those in consideration Smile I always have trimmed nails Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Be very careful if you wet this particular set. Some of the early ones had dye that was water soluble, and the black dye will come off on the red ball and cube. It's not a pretty sight.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22398 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I posted this in another string on this topic, but check out Hank Moorehouse routine in MUM magazine. I use it to open my stand up and it sells great.

Bill
Piglet
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, Canada
81 Posts

Profile of Piglet
What's the mum magzine?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's the offical magazine of the Society of American Magicians. We do have chapters, called "Assemblies" in Canada. I'm not sure if there is one near Edmonton, though.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Colored ball to Sqaure to black ball ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL