The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ouija board routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EoKlausRO
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of EoKlausRO
Hello everyone!

As you can see in the title, I have some questions about creating a routine using the ouija board.

First. with the ouija board we, the performers, make the cup, or whatever, move. the first question is for those who use or used to perform this type of effect in their acts. Because I have to do some pre-show work with like 5 people (burning the pieces after a center tear), wouldn't the ouija board spoil the effect for the 3 of them who will touch the cup with me? I mean... If they think that I move the cup, this means that I have read the thoughts they wrote on the paper. I thought of doing this routine blindfold to make them think that I cannot see the board so I haven't read the written information.

Second. This routine I want to be the opener for my act (I try to create a 15 minutes act to perform at the academy that I go), what do you think about it? The act will be around a story of my great-grandmother, and her life as a witch, so I thought that first I will contact her, to see if she is with me she will answers some of spectators question or read their mind. After, I will use her touch to see objects,then she will whisper to me,and send me information that she "reads" up the shoulder of spectator and the the last I will read a letter she let me 100 or so years ago, with everything that happened during the act. I thought of those 5 effects that are appropriate for those abilities but I didn't find a good routine to make contact with her. So this question is if the ouija board routine is good as a opener?

Can you give me others routines for the opener to make contact with her. I thought also about pendulum, or those alphabets cubes (every cube has a letter) after a few seconds of dark they move and when the lights open they form the thought of the spectator. Ouija board I think that is stronger than the pendulum effect, but not stronger than the latter. The only problem with the latter is that I didn't find any routine like this.

I apologize for my english and for a so long post. Thank you for your time reading this post of mine. Smile.
Be The Best YOU Can BE!
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
IMHO the performer shouldn't touch the planchette/glass.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Hi there...

a few things...

we try not to refer to techniques so openly on these parts of the forum, as they are searchable/findable through google...

when you hit 50 posts, you can post in two different areas (one mentalism, one bizarre) that are hidden from google - its there that you'll get better answers...

you can also use the search function or re-ask in the bizarre section, but blanking out certain terms so that people still understand you, but the words themselves are bl__ked out...
I've asked to be banned
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
796 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
A golden rule :

Quote:
IMHO the performer shouldn't touch the planchette/glass.

Derren brown uses a ouija board in his "séance", the way he gets the name could give you some inspiration...

This same question in the bizarist forum would raise more answers Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ouija board routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL