The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Ellen show with Moritz Mueller (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dj
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of dj
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
WOW. THat is awesome. Very cool that his youtube video led to this.

One quick note. Even though the coin effect was done beautifully it seems like the card trick got a better reaction.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1389 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
This is fantastic. Moritz is hitting all the right notes. He absolutely gets it. Most in this craft spend their whole lives never understanding how to be an effective presenter, and this young man has it in spades at the age of 14.
He is very likable, real, funny (not in a contrived, scripted-sounding way), and his magic is strong. The effects he chose were simple (to understand and follow) and powerful.

Bravo!
It's all in the reflexes.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
He has an eye for good tricks. He performed two tricks (the second and third) I've been performing with great success for 45 years.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Very nice kiddo! Met him Sunday at the Magic Castle with Greg Wilson showing him around.

Super job!!!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2014, Ray Haining wrote:
He has an eye for good tricks. He performed two tricks (the second and third) I've been performing with great success for 45 years.

His dad is a professional Magician in Germany.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2014, sjbrundage wrote:

One quick note. Even though the coin effect was done beautifully it seems like the card trick got a better reaction.

It looked like they were keying off Ellen's responses and she looked a stunned at the first coin effect, not reacting verbally.
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2014, writeall wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2014, sjbrundage wrote:

It looked like they were keying off Ellen's responses and she looked a stunned at the first coin effect, not reacting verbally.

Yup Good Point. A lot of times my favorite reaction is when someone is dead silient with their jaw to the floor.
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
It's available now from Penguin Magic

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5011
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've met a lot of teenage magicians, some extremely talented. The most exciting thing to me is that this kid seems to be extremely likable. Last weekend, I took my family to the Tevell Rose benefit shot in Chicago. My 18 year old niece saw a few young guys doing card tricks and wandered over....most of them scattered at the sight of a cute girl coming to watch a trick. Only one stayed. Even from only seeing him on video, I have a feeling Moritz would not be intimidated like that.

Also of note, look at how Ellen's team made him look great. Some really bad angles in Mo-Fly, especially since he was performing it side-view to the audience. They chose to not show any angle that exposed, unlike Letterman's people did to John Carney a few years ago.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Moritz did a shortened version of his coin routine... the full version is much stronger.
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
211 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Great performance. He seemed so relaxed and calm. Very impressive indeed. Pepka, I too was at Tevell's show in Skokie. I'm glad to hear about the amount that was raised from the event.

Mike
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2014, Danny Archer wrote:
Moritz did a shortened version of his coin routine... the full version is much stronger.

I agree -

They should have let him run with the whole routine rather than Ellen asking "is there something else?"

Blame the typical show producers who probably insisted on a variety of effects.
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
173 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
I have known Moritz's dad, Thorsten Muller, for many years. The whole family visited with us in the summer of 2013 and we sessioned for a few hours at my home. He did some nice coin magic, nothing really extraordinary. I taught him a few things and we have communicated via internet a few times. He sent me the video of the performance of Mo-Fly and I was stunned. This kid must have locked himself in his room for a year to present this. His technique is incredible and so natural looking. He presents himself just as what he is...a very enthusiastic 14 year old with great aplomb, self confidence and a truly charming personality. The routine is now available and it is an extremely well thought out and perfectly executed routine. You are buying the knowledge of how to do it and, unfortunately, not the talent to do so. It is well within the capabilities of most readers here and I recommend it. Full disclosure, he gives me credit in the crawl, but that would not change my opinion one iota.

BTW, the Copper/Silver he performed on the Ellen Show was the one I taught him.
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2014, Ray Haining wrote:

His dad is a professional Magician in Germany.

No wonder. The kid is a stud!
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I didn't think his coin routine played well on Ellen.

I liked it a lot, especially knowing how hard Coin work is.

But his million dollar smile was a big winner with the audience and the viewers.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2512 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Enthusiasm is everything.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
MagicBarMan
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MagicBarMan
The performance was amazing for someone that young and the pressure of the live audience. Kudos to his dad and mentors for coaching him up for that situation. Anyone know the coin transpo effect he did at the end?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4150 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Does anyone know what the card trick he did was called as thought it was great ? Pm me if necessary thank you 😃
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
It's available now from

www.thesecretsource.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Ellen show with Moritz Mueller (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL