The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Favorite effects with paper money (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1240 Posts

Profile of Jeff
This field of magic has my interest more than any other but am I wrong in saying that compared to other forms of magic, paper money seems to have been left behind. Is it because of the change in the bills?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4745 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I'm not sure that 'paper' money has been left behind, but there has always been more effects available with coins.

Still, effects with 'bills' are very popular, and there are many sources for information. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
My favorite effect with paper money is how I can make hundreds of them vanish on payday & never see them again Smile
The Dead Ranger
View Profile
New user
Biloxi, Mississippi
45 Posts

Profile of The Dead Ranger
Funny thing.... mine don’t actually "vanish" they just miraculously disappear from here and reappear at the nearest magic shop....

:dance:
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
My favorite effects with paper money are the "Bill to Impossible Location" routines. These kinds of effects are perfect for framing other tricks. For example, start off by vanishing a borrowed and signed bill and pretend to forget about it. Act like it wasn't supposed to vanish. This will get some laughs. Then proceed to do a quick, but strong, card trick. When the card trick is done, show that the signed bill ended up in an impossible location. For detailed routines similar to this I recommend "Close-Up Assassin" by Richard Sanders. It includes a book and companion video and is available at L&L Publishing. There is also a demo video at the L&L site.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
247 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
If I had to pick a favorite bill routine, I would have to say the UF Grant Slow Motion Bill Transpostion. The original Grant method will not work seamlessly with today’s new US bills, but both David Parr & Eugene Burger have methods that overcome the problem. The effect ends with the magic happening in the spectator’s hands. You can’t beat that!

Second runner up is the $100 bill switch - using the finesses developed by Ammar. Looks like real magic!

Be well ~ Fredrick
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Bobby Sandstrom also has a very nice bill transpo that uses borrowed bills and takes place in the spectator's hands; very clean. I’ve got the inside works but I’m not sure if it’s published yet.

Regards,

Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4745 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Besides the above mentioned, you might also check out some ideas on handling by Roger Klause. I believe his book 'In Concert' is still available.

Roger told me he worked for ten years to get it just right, I believe him. Very smooooooth. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
gibby
View Profile
New user
ont. canada
41 Posts

Profile of gibby
My fav bill tricks are "bill to matches", leaving the matches with the spectator and $100.00 bill switch as both are done with old Canadian bills. When folded, the old $100 and the $2 dollar bills look closly the same. And people like to see the old bills again. Smile

Think of the possibilities of the impossible
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
I do a couple of impromptu items with bills. One is sort of a bill penetration. A five is placed on top of a one and they trade places.

Another is a torn and restored bill done using origami to achieve the illusion of two pieces. I wish I could remember the credits, but one was shown to me and the T&R came out of an old Magic Magazine.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Cacoal
View Profile
New user
Lewiston NY
70 Posts

Profile of Cacoal
Jay Sankey's "Billusion" is great. Metal disk seems to melt right through any bill.
check out
http://www.roykueppers.com
for this one and some other great coin effects.
Jason Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Ray Grismer's "Shorty."
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
How about these:

Dan Harlan's "Traveling Cash." All you need is a couple of rubberbands and a bill for this impromptu killer.

"Bipolar George" (George Washington's face changes expression visibly on the $1 bill as it's being tilted)

That transposition trick where you roll two bills together, back-to-back and at right angles to each other, and they instantly switch to being face-to-face. Strangely, few layfolk have ever seen this one and it's a stunner to them.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5737 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I like my handling for the mismade bill. It's tipless and the hands are shown empty, except for one bill. They think the bill is mechanical until I hand it to them.
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
362 Posts

Profile of cataquet
There's loads that can be done with bills. Virtually any packet trick can be done with bills instead of cards. Start thinking!

In terms of tricks with bills, the standards are:
- Polaroid Money
- Hornswoggled Again
- Kaps Currency

But as I said at the outset, loads more are possible!! Think outside the envelope!

Bye for now

Harold
Harold Cataquet
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Mine is Split Fan Money Production, Pen Thru Dollar and Hundy 500.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17082 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2001-11-05 17:32, Ichazod wrote:
My favorite effect with paper money is how I can make hundreds of them vanish on payday & never see them again Smile

That's the only effect my wife knows..... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
I like Ammar's $2 to 2 ones. I use another trick I was shown where a folded $5 goes through a $1, then changes places. I carry them both in my wallet at all times.

Craig
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
378 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Jeff - I too would like to see more with paper money as I do more with paper money than with coins by far. I don't think the changing of the currency has anything to do with it. My favorite bill effects are:
$100 bill switch which I have a full circle routine using also the mis made bill
2 $1's to a $2 which I do with 2 $5's to a $10 instead (with $2 bills not being very common)
Beswitched with the $1 and $5 bill transpo in specs hand.
Bend over bills
Betcha (playing card changes instantly to dollar bill) very visual, you can then switch the bill for a real one and go into next bill effect.
Pen thru bill
Bill in impossible location
Torn and restored bill
serial number divination type effects
(although not a trick but more of a gambling scam) the Harry Anderson Bill game in his book "games you can't lose"
Of course you also have any one of the several bill thru bill type of effects out there as well.
Serge
"Overkill is Under-rated"
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2747 Posts

Profile of John Long
I also vote for Kaps Currency, a very entertaining routine

Two dollar window: I convert two singles into a $100. This really gets peoples attention
Pen thru dollar: using gimmicked bill that I carry in my wallet

M. Wilson also has some cut and restored bill effects in his Complete Course(I think it is also in Tarbell)

Paul Harris has some interesting bill effects in Art of Astonishment, but I haven't done too much with them yet.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Favorite effects with paper money (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL