The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Breakaway Wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
Everyone has probably seen the breakaway wand gag and it is great for kid's show magic.

Hank Lee's sells a "deluxe" breakaway wand for $40.00 and I was wondering if anyone knows if it really is better and worth so much more money.

Thanks,

Richard

Smile
-Randy
[email]rsnedden@closeupmagic.org[/email]
Smile
~~~~~
“Chance is but the pseudonym of God for those particular cases which He does not choose to subscribe to openly with His own signature ... ”
DarryltheWizard
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of DarryltheWizard
The more expensive wand is made from a better quality of plastic more carefully machined. This careful machining makes the segments of the wands almost invisible from a close distance. I have the cheap and the expensive one. The kids would see the difference, however, I like to know I'm working with quality.

Darryl the Wizard
DarryltheWizard
"Life without mystery is like a candle
with a snuffed out flame." Albert Einstein
snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
Thanks Darryl. I think I'll probably go for the deluxe one for the same reason. I have the cheaper one now and it is a good gag, but having one that can not be seen as a fake from a close distance would be a lot better effect.

I feel like you do and prefer my shows to be both entertaining and done with quality props. I think there is a lot to be said for a magician's appearance; both props and dress. It makes a larger impact on the audience.

Thanks for your input!
-Randy
Smile
~~~~~
“Chance is but the pseudonym of God for those particular cases which He does not choose to subscribe to openly with His own signature ... ”
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Richard:

Let us know what you think of the Deluxe Wand if you do get it; I've seen that wand advertised at Hank Lee's and have been real curious about it. I just couldn't see paying $40 for it though...but, maybe it's worth it.

I've been using the Viking Magic Wand and it's nice. Much better than the real cheap ones that are sold at most places. The Viking wand is about $15, I believe.

Ron
snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
Ron,

Where'd you get the Viking Wand? I've heard people mention Viking a few times before.

Is it a dealer or a manufacturer?
-Randy
Smile
~~~~~
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22736 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
http://www.vikingmagic.com

If you keep the wand moving it really is never seen close enough for the kids to notice.
mikeypresto
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of mikeypresto
I couldn't justify the price difference, the gag is whats sells the whole thing
Magically,

Mikey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Breakaway Wand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL