The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "GREEN"- Think a Card (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
My "Think a Card" routine I called "GREEN".

EFECT:
I show a deck of cards. Only one card has a "green" back (this is really true, word of honor).
There is only one green backed card in the deck.
A spectator comes to me.
I show him every single card (faces) very, very slowly, one by one.
He thinks of a card.
Now I take a card with "green" back from the deck of cards and put them face down on the table.
The spectator calls his card. For example, he says he think of "ten of hearts".
The spectator takes the card on the table and it is "ten of hearts".

To my method Jan Forster said: I think the solution is very clever!
My magic friend has said: Show the cards one by one as you do that I find awesome.
Another magic friend: This card force I didn't know until now. So again, great and very smart solution! Great!

I explained two versions:
First version is a "GREEN" card routine and the second version is a normal Think a Card (with all red backed cards).

I have three (Video) free copies for review.

dj
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Hey, can I get a review copy plz? Smile

Thanks in advance
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Could I have a review copy too please?

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I will review it as well.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Perl
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
376 Posts

Profile of Perl
Any chance for another one?

Thank you

Perl
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

My review of Green by Dj.

I got a copy for review and just saw the video.

I have never seen the method to force a card before like this, and I think the solution is great!

The effect really is that clean, and it reminds me a bit of dual reality in a way.

you do need to get something from a magic shop to perform this, you cannot use a regular 52 card deck.

So yeah the deck is gimmicked a bit, but at tne end DJ goes over how to apparently show a regular deck.

Will I be using this: Probably not, since I know many ways for think-a-card, but I applaud DJ for his solution which I know some of you might end up performing.

I don't like to use a gimmicked deck, but this will make some of you smile, once you learn the secret on how to force the green card on the spectators, and everything seems fair and above board.

Thanks Dj for sending this out to me.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Nice review by BMWGuy. Thank you.

In the Peter Nardi's 'Limitless' thread, we saw GREEN coming up as a sort of comparison to Limitless. Don't you think that both the effects have a gimmick deck in some form or the other?

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
How about just one more review copy...Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
I watched 'Green' this morning and I must agree with what Alex has posted above, this is nicely thought-out and plays as described.
The method is very cheeky and although you couldn't hand the full deck out for examination (why would you?), I believe the way dj very clearly explains the methodology, combined with extremely simple handling and very fair displays throughout, the spectators will see nothing untoward at all and will be completely baffled.
As Alex mentioned, the choosing of the card by the participant is bordering on dual reality, which to an experienced performer may not cause any issues, a lesser seasoned one may occasionally have to 'man-up'.
I definitely haven't seen the method before but would I use it?...Yes I would!...Maybe not as a think-a-card but certainly in a multi-phase routine, maybe a routine involving two or three participants and using the one ahead principle.
Well done dj and thank you for letting me give my opinion of this.
All the best,

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I'll post my review in minutes
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Thank you all.

Darko
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2014, Ceierry wrote:
I'll post my review in minutes

Time over ... Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Hey guys, first of all, I must present my sincere apologies for all of you, and specially for the creator, for the delay.

I've got a review copy of Green, and I must say, it's smart, and will works.

So, in my opinion, this will work 100%, you just have to carry the prepared deck.

Do I will use it? Yes, but just on stage, not on streets etc, since this is a prepared deck. Or, if I wear a jacket, maybe I can carry but this will depend of my perfomances, maybe you can do a full act with this deck, I'm sure you can, but at the moment, not me.

is the deck examinable? yes and no, you can show every single card, one by one, but do not handle them the deck, that's all.

The explanations are simples, clear, nothing out of this world, it's just correct.

Do I recommend this? Yes, you can use this on your stage act, it will involve a little bit DR, but don't worry about.

For me, it's a 8/10, it will works, sure it will, but it's just because I'll not use it since I don't do stage magic (I hope I'll, and if I'll, I'll use it Smile )

Congratulations Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I to received a review copy of 'GREEN' by DJ.

The method of forcing a given card is new, simple, straightforward and very clever. The force will work 100% with the spectator naming the correct forced card. Once the card has been correctly forced you are all set to perform various miracles.

DJ teaches you two types of forcing a card - one with a different back & color card and one with the same back & color card. However the method & requirements for achieving the force remaining the same.

For the force, you do need to get yourself a typical deck from a magic shop. But once you are armed with the special deck it is one of the easiest and simplest of forcing methods that I have now learned. In spite of the typicality of the deck, one can very easily show every card by spreading it on the table. The spread looks like a normal deck. The spectators will see nothing untoward and will be completely baffled.

The teaching video explains the methodology, handling and display of the deck very clearly & fairly.

I shall be using DJ's force. I would certainly recommend GREEN as a nice new method of forcing.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
So will this be made generally available soon?
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
This sounds very interesting. Will this be on sale (assuming no more review copies - I surely would love one)?
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2014, videoman wrote:
So will this be made generally available soon?

Yes.
Anyone interested can contact me via PM.

dj
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
My thanks to Darko for sending me a review copy of "GREEN".

I haven't tried out "GREEN" because I don't have the thing at hand to construct the effect (although it's readily available from magic stores). For that reason please take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

As other have said this is a clever method to force a card. It's one which I hadn't seen before.

In essence just by slowly showing the participant the faces of the cards and asking them to think of a card that they "see" you're able to force a particular card.

One thing I would like to point out is that the description of the effect states that, "I show him every single card (faces) very, very slowly, one by one".

You could indeed show the faces of "every single card very very slowly one by one" and have the participant think of a card that they can "see". If you did that though then in my opinion an astute participant might suss the method. Additionally the force itself is very likely to fail.

In truth you don't have to show every card and in the video itself Darko doesn't show every card as he describes/performs the effect. There's no need to show every single card. Before the selection is made the cards can be shown in a fair manner and they can be mixed by the performer. Showing the participant a dozen or so cards from the mixed deck gives them ample opportunity to make their selection which I imagine will be perceived as being free and fair.

My thanks to Darko for sharing "GREEN".

Cheers,
Lar.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I just finished watching the video, and I agree that the method is clever, but I could never get away with using it.

Thanks for allowing me the privilege of watching the video, Darko!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
The use of the force is interesting, but I feel the reviews by Lar and Jack Straw are the most accurate. There is definitely dual reality with the participant becoming an instant stooge or else they will not be playing along.

The description of the necessary "gimmicked" deck describes this type of force.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "GREEN"- Think a Card (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL