The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Costco has cheap bikes (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Costco is offering one dozen Bicycle decks for $3.70 off per dozen. Regular and jumbo index. Since a dozen decks usually sell for about $13 and change this brings the price down to less than a buck a deck.

The offer expires December 24. Time to stock up!
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I bought sets for SAMs Club the other day. They are awesome.

Thanks for the insight.
Patrick
Mortimer Graves
View Profile
Special user
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A.
556 Posts

Profile of Mortimer Graves
I am so disappointed. For a moment there I thought I could trade in my old Huffy.

*sigh*

I'm getting really tired of the way the banana seat chafes.

All joking aside, that's almost enough to make me want to join Costco. If they had greeters like in Idiocracy I'd be completely sold on it.

"Welcome to Costco, I love you!"
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.

Hastur, Hastur, Hastur! See? Nothing hap-

...and if we rub each other the wrong way, let's try going in another direction. - Pokey the Porcupine
Newsround
View Profile
New user
UK
82 Posts

Profile of Newsround
Costco UK is selling a brick for £15.49, but you do have to buy 2.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I find the quality of 808's to be inconsistent. I also prefer the old box design before Bicycle was bought out a few years ago. I buy 807's, which feature the old box design and same backs as 808's. They are essentially 808's like Richard Turner's pro edition cards. They handle as well as Turner's. I can't tell the difference other than the gold sticker on Turner's boxes. A friend and I did a blind faro test on both decks and the quality seemed identical. The 807's box design also matches all my old gaffs.

If you don't do much faro work, the new 808's handle fine.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2578 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Mike, where do you stock up on 807's?
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2014, Steven Keyl wrote:
Mike, where do you stock up on 807's?

My local magic shop, Magic Etc., just received half a brick a few days ago. I bought three of the six. The distributor doesn't have anymore at the moment, but I'm sure they will soon. You can also get 807's directly from Bicycle's site. http://www.shopbicyclecards.com/807-Rider-Back-P214.aspx
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Mortimer Graves
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

I just wish they still made the "playtime" decks. Those little cards were part of something fantastic for me, and if they still made them, I'd still have an insanely powerful effect in my arsenal (Doug Conn's Plastic Surgery).

I miss them so much.

...and if we rub each other the wrong way, let's try going in another direction. - Pokey the Porcupine
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1699 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
They do stock the smaller sized playtime Bikes if you need them: http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_......1/168952
Check out the incredible Neural Miracle playing cards on Kickstarter:
-+: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phillsmith/incredible-magic-with-the-neural-miracle-playing-cards :+-
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2578 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Thanks for the info, Mike.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Mortimer Graves
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

That Schwinn looks pretty kickin for only 65 quid! Thanks for the link, mate! XD

I'mma ride in style!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Costco has cheap bikes (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL