The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Improved Invisible Deck by Devin Knight (413 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..24~25~26 [Next]
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
As many of you know, I am a full time performing magician and hypnotist. I am making decks between gigs. There is no way to mass produce these decks as they are not sprayed with roughing fluid. Each deck has to be made by hand and it takes 15 to 20 minutes to make a deck. This is taking a lot of my time. However, I have promised Hocus Pocus that I will supply enough decks to fill all his presales and I will fill all the presales my own customers buy. After the presales have been filled, I cannot promise how many more I will make. Not willing to sell the rights either. I personally check each deck to make sure it works as advertised. I honestly don't trust anyone else to make these decks, because I can not quarantee they will check it the way I will. The only way I can ensure a quality deck that works perfectly is the to make each myself. If you want to be ensured of getting a deck, pre order one from Hocus Pocus. There will be no refunds, I will make enough decks to fill his presales. If the sales get too much for me to handle then we will cease the presales and I will make enough decks to fill the orders.

So if you want one, order while you can. that's the way it is.

Devin
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
My Pre-order is in with Hocus Pocus.
Looking forward to this Smile

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
If you might not make any more, I think a fair question is will these ever wear out?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2014, barts185 wrote:
If you might not make any more, I think a fair question is will these ever wear out?

These will last a long time, since it doesn't use roughing fluid, which wears off after a while, that will not happen with this deck. The cards will only wear out from using the deck over and over as with any deck of cards.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2014, Devin Knight wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2014, barts185 wrote:

These will last a long time, since it doesn't use roughing fluid, which wears off after a while, that will not happen with this deck. The cards will only wear out from using the deck over and over as with any deck of cards.

Thanks.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
The problem of seperating is my problem. My fingers slide over any paper cardboard etc.

I have no traction whatsoever. But alas I also have no desire to perform the ID. Never have.
sturner
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of sturner
I've been out of magic for a while and just getting back in. This sounds interesting. How does it differ from the method in the Alan Shaxon book? Used that for a long time.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Devin,

Once we have purchased the IID, will we be able to make up further decks by ourselves?
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I second both previous questions.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Devin,

Once we have purchased the IID, will we be able to make up further decks by ourselves?

Yes
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2014, Devin Knight wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Devin,

Yes

Good question Martin...good answer Devin Smile
Looking forward to this even more now!

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Thank you Devin. That has swung it.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Sorry to kind of spoil the party but I don't see anything new in this concept anymore (except that the applied roughing fluid is now called non-standard Smile)!

Precisely, I have found a book from 1962 (a treatise on the R/S principle) that describes how to construct exactly this deck. Respectively (and to be fair as I don't know Devin's IID yet) a deck, that at least matches the dealer ad 100%. Smile

However, I don't think those who preordered will be disappointed - it's a well thought out concept, time tested and reliable.
Kudos to those whose shoulders Devin builds upon... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2014, Nicolino wrote:
Sorry to kind of spoil the party but I don't see anything new in this concept anymore (except that the applied roughing fluid is now called non-standard Smile)!

Precisely, I have found a book from 1962 (a treatise on the R/S principle) that describes how to construct exactly this deck. Respectively (and to be fair as I don't know Devin's IID yet) a deck, that at least matches the dealer ad 100%. Smile

However, I don't think those who preordered will be disappointed - it's a well thought out concept, time tested and reliable.
Kudos to those whose shoulders Devin builds upon... Smile

Well I don't think anyone thought it didn't involve a better type of fluid , we all just wanted something that is more user friendly and fail safe . Showing the backs may be a bonus but the reliability and durability is what I believe people are after Smile
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
This deck is user friendly and does not have the problems that old decks have. It is worth getting this deck because it solves the problem of seperating the cards. Showing the backs is just a bonus, but I think it adds another layer of mystery.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
This sounds great. Buying for sure. Smile
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I preordered from Devin...am looking forward to this...I love Invisible deck...
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
This deck does solve what some people think is a potential problem. It is important to spread through the cards to show no other card is reversed. However, with the standard ID, if someone names an odd value card, an astute spectator may notice there are only even cards in the deck and may even realize that he hasn't seen an ace! It has and does happen and this has been brought up in other discussions. This deck eliminates that problem, once the reversed card is removed, you immediately flip the deck face down and spread through all the cards showing all face down backs, as you point out there is no other reversed card in the deck. This serves the same purpose and does not allow an astute spectator to spot the setup or lack of certain cards. Smile
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I may of missed the answer but can I ask how is this improved? Thanks a lot. Joel.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
First of all you can show the backs of the cards, can't do that with the standard ID. 2ND, there is no issue or fumbling with trying to seperate cards. A lot of magicians have trouble seperating cards. A lot easier to do than the standard deck as regular roughing fluid is not used.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Improved Invisible Deck by Devin Knight (413 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..24~25~26 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL