The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Help Finding a band effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheNightBringer89
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of TheNightBringer89
I am going to do pinnacle as a follow up to CMH. I was wondering where you could learn the effect where you make one of the bands dissapear during CMH? You know, the one where its really only one band? Thanks alot!
"Dreams are born of imagination, fed upon illusions, and put to death by reality."

It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong,
If you're not like the others then you don't belong.
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Dan Harlan's MAGIC WITH RUBBERBANDS Volume 1 has CMH along with many variations, including the vanish, which if I'm not mistaken was originally in ELASTRIX 2
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
Original (and best) version can be found in The Complete D. Dingle book by Kaufman.
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Yeh, I saw that one is Dan Harlan's DVD as well.
Does anyone know other major resources for rubberband magic besides Harlan? I have his whole set of DVDs plus the bandshark tape, and elastrix.
I am just wondering what else is out there.
magicman123
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of magicman123
I bought the unlinking rubberbands trick and I never could figure it out. Can somebody help me? (This trick was done by David Copperfield on one of his specials)
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
There is a french videotape of Sylvain Mirouf devoted to the rubberbands. It is a goldmine... but it is also out of "print". The name is "la sage des elastiques."
There are also some rubberbands tricks in the different volumes of Apocalypse.
Jonathan.
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Thanks for that Jonathan, If I ever do come across it I will give that one a shot. But like you said it's going to be hard to find.
themagicofjoseph
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of themagicofjoseph
Dan Harlin's Band Shark Video is great! It also includes "Tame Cards" routine..and a linking ring with linking ropes.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Magicman123,
The unlinking rubberband trick is called "crazy man's handcuffs" or CMH for short. Put in a search, there are many threads on this effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Help Finding a band effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL