The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alchemist: Screw Driver (2 Gimmicks and DVD) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Another Alchemist product! This time with a screw driver.

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=54795

First, grab a screwdriver and try to bend it. Go ahead, we'll wait.

What if you could bend it with your mind, in the open, on your spectator's hand as everyone watches reinforced steel conform to your mental will? Now, you can.

The perfect effect for stage, close-up, parlor and tv, metal bending has captured the attention of millions and is one of the strongest mentalist effects around. Watch the look on your spectator's face when the cold metal starts to tighten and curve in their hand. It's a moment they'll never forget.

What's revolutionary about this particular design, is that the handle allows the heat source to be blocked before triggering the effect. This means you have more flexibility in transporting and preparing for the right moment to perform the miracle.

Want to feel what it is like to be a metal-manipulating superhero? the self bending screw driver is an impossible bending item that will give you the power of what only tv special effects can offer.
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1395 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Congrats Taiwan Ben & SansMinds Smile

Good products coming to make a alchemist show Smile
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3825 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Why would anyone want to do this? I like the attempt to try to make this method workable or more practical but not sure carrying around a screwdriver is going to appeal to many
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1395 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
In a stage? Well that's easy to justify
Let's pretend you're going to show a mental bending act or supernatural act and you'll have a toolsbox
Now I'll say some effects you can include in the show, in orders, I'll not speak about presentation, even it's easy to make your own character to this act.

Single needle - wayne houchin
Pinch - paradox team (You've used needles before, you now justify this effect) and use a hammer
Now, you can do 'Chi Touch' by Christopher Taylor
And now you'll explain how the bends happens, with blosoom, visual Right?
You can just say: Every type of metal is different, the spoons are different from the knifes for example (Use another object to example)
*you grab the screwdriver* How about this one? *you bend*
You can say some jokes like 'That's my I'm not working in BMW garages' or a story about mechanicals

Again that was just ideas, but as you see, it's not that hard

- Ceierry
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
It is nice to see that a set of screwdrivers (one screwdriver bends while the other unbends) has been provided. This makes the act complete in all respect.

Quote:
On Dec 8, 2014, emyers99 wrote:

Why would anyone want to do this? I like the attempt to try to make this method workable or more practical but not sure carrying around a screwdriver is going to appeal to many

Yes, I wish the same could have been made into an Haunted Key. I had suggested the Haunted Key idea almost four years ago. You might like to checkout my post HERE.

If Taiwan Ben & SansMinds could do it for a screwdriver, I am sure they can also make the special Haunted Key. Smile

Smile
P.S. Like the screwdriver set, you can have a set of Haunted Keys. First make the key to bend and then make the bent key straight. After that do the Haunted Key effect. And with that you have a complete & perfect bizarre magic act.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of 13
They have just released the fork ... which seems more practical to me:
http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......c=573349
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3825 Posts

Profile of emyers99
It's been done before. The technology is killer and it truly would make for the most magical metal bending. Unfortunately, no one has ever been able to make a practical, workable version for walk around. The ultimate questions are always the same, does it look real, how do you carry it on you, and how horrible is the reset?
kazpet
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of kazpet
Any one who has it can you comment on the ability of the metal to hold the unbent shape in room temperature. this has been a problem with these devices in the past
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Hey guys it has been shipped to us today so we should be shipping them out Monday morning. I got to look at one over Skype and they look really great: if you put them next to 10 other real screwdrivers you could not tell this one apart. If you have any other questions let me know. I added the link to the product at Hocus Pocus below, so be sure to watch the video.
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=28499

Cole
Hocus Pocus
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
Hi Cole,

How about "Alchemist: Blossom Wide Range", is it have alreadY ON YOUR STOCK?

Please let me know....
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Hello Knkownmagician,

The Alchemist blossoms are both scheduled to be available at the end of December which would mean in the next few days. The holidays tend to push these dates back but hopefully it will be soon. As soon as they are available I will post it in the Alchemist Blossom thread.

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
Moondragon1
View Profile
Regular user
Washington state
153 Posts

Profile of Moondragon1
I am really looking forward to this! I would love to hear from experienced users of this effect! Please share friends. What do you like about it? Or not like about it? Is it practical and applicable in open and close environments? Thanks for sharing. ☺
Moondragon1
View Profile
Regular user
Washington state
153 Posts

Profile of Moondragon1
I have screwdrivers coming, and am very much looking forward to it! I will share my experience of that effect on the appropriate forum.☺
Moondragon1
View Profile
Regular user
Washington state
153 Posts

Profile of Moondragon1
PS. I thought this was the blossom page. Lol I will let y'all know soon what its like! And if you've got the blossom effect some one please let me know what that's like! Thank you everyone.
Moondragon1
View Profile
Regular user
Washington state
153 Posts

Profile of Moondragon1
So, I have been playing with these. And In love them! ☺ I would be happy to answer any questions. PS did I mention that I love them!? So do those that I show the effect to. Its pretty fun... I have a great way to present them. I really just got my son a set of tools for Christmas and it gives me the perfect lead in. In fact I did get him a set of screw drivers that is practically identical! I asked him if I could bend his screwdriver if I bent it back. Lol. He said no. So the story goes... I had to get my own and this is it... And well just let me show you what I have come up with... And I go into the performance. Minds get blown! This is so freaking visual! People love it. When they ask me to bend it back I play it off like I need some time to recalibrate after all that work. In a couple of minutes I give it a try a real intense try to no effect. I say sorry and say I will try again later and put the screw driver in my coat pocket.... But I immediately take it back out and say I will try one more time, I can do this! ( I have made the switch. And the screw driver unbends startlingly fast! Lol. It slays! ☺
Moondragon1
View Profile
Regular user
Washington state
153 Posts

Profile of Moondragon1
So, I have been playing with these. And In love them! ☺ I would be happy to answer any questions. PS did I mention that I love them!? So do those that I show the effect to. Its pretty fun... I have a great way to present them. I really just got my son a set of tools for Christmas and it gives me the perfect lead in. In fact I did get him a set of screw drivers that is practically identical! I asked him if I could bend his screwdriver if I bent it back. Lol. He said no. So the story goes... I had to get my own and this is it... And well just let me show you what I have come up with... And I go into the performance. Minds get blown! This is so freaking visual! People love it. When they ask me to bend it back I play it off like I need some time to recalibrate after all that work. In a couple of minutes I give it a try a real intense try to no effect. I say sorry and say I will try again later and put the screw driver in my coat pocket.... But I immediately take it back out and say I will try one more time, I can do this! ( I have made the switch. And the screw driver unbends startlingly fast! Lol. It slays! ☺
Moondragon1
View Profile
Regular user
Washington state
153 Posts

Profile of Moondragon1
Sorry I posted that last one twice, I can not figure out how to delete one of them.
Moondragon1
View Profile
Regular user
Washington state
153 Posts

Profile of Moondragon1
I don't see the option to edit. Hmmm...
Any way,I also wanted to add... The gimmicks hold up well at room temperature in my inner lower coat pocket. ☺ held them there most the night.☺ the reset isn't to practical between table walk around in my opinion. Though being that there is snow here in central Washington state. The reset was extremely easy at a house party I attended which made for so much fun reperforming for the same spectators. I even did an amazing transposition like effect next to the fire after explaining how heat can cause the metal to become playable and myself and the spectator warmed our hands next to the fire and then spectator held bent screw driver and I the unbent screwdriver sandwiched in our hands. "Magically" they changed! 😀 pretty great for the type of gig where you have leway between just hanging out and performing. I wouldn't say for walk around. I have heard of people carying ice packs in their pockets, but I really don't find that all that practical. Because even on ice the reset is pretty manual.

Billy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alchemist: Screw Driver (2 Gimmicks and DVD) (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL