The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cicret Bracelet -- WOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
My brother-in-law brought a friend of his to our house for Thanksgiving. Turns out he is one of the principal engineers on that project. We spent a couple hours talking about how stable the platform is currently and what their road map looks like over the next 2-3 years.

Absolutely fascinating stuff.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of drmagic
Thanks for sharing that. Very cool.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb

Yes... this is so much better.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Wonder how much they cost ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
This comment in the comment section:
This is probably by far the greatest scam of all time, do NOT support this with donations.
1. This is not a concept video, it's everything made in CGI and other effect programs to fool people into this newest revelutionary technologic idea.
2. It is impossible to show a light image on skin outside in the sunlight, for this to become possible, the "bracelet projector bulb" would have to be brighter and stronger than the actual sun itself, which would vaporize your eyes and skin, cause skin cancer and burn through your arm.
3. Any white color or similar light colours, would show as invisible on your skin, in this video they showed white background when surfing on the internet etc. which is completely incorrect.
4. This entire so called "project" is a quick scam to milk money out of the ignorant people, so the best thing you could do is report this to PayPal at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpce......D=&m=ARA and inform them about this fraud going on, in hope of people getting their money refunded back.
EDIT: 5. We aren't even that far into technology that we could fit specifications into a tiny bracelet, such as GPU, CPU, RAM, Memory etc.
EDIT: 6. They also failed to notice, when you would place your finger infront of the projector, it would be overlapped with a shadow on the image screen, just like when you're walking infront of a projector or a cinema screen.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, Steven Keyl wrote:

My brother-in-law brought a friend of his to our house for Thanksgiving. Turns out he is one of the principal engineers on that project. We spent a couple hours talking about how stable the platform is currently and what their road map looks like over the next 2-3 years.

Cicret is a Paris-based company, so I'm surprised a principal engineer would be in Washington D.C.

http://www.cubebreaker.com/bracelet-touchscreen/

Do you see the fellow on the 'About Us' page?

http://www.cicret.com/wordpress/?page_id=18804

Also

http://www.cicret.com/wordpress/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2014, landmark wrote:
This comment in the comment section:
This is probably by far the greatest scam of all time, do NOT support this with donations.
1. This is not a concept video, it's everything made in CGI and other effect programs to fool people into this newest revelutionary technologic idea.
2. It is impossible to show a light image on skin outside in the sunlight, for this to become possible, the "bracelet projector bulb" would have to be brighter and stronger than the actual sun itself, which would vaporize your eyes and skin, cause skin cancer and burn through your arm.
3. Any white color or similar light colours, would show as invisible on your skin, in this video they showed white background when surfing on the internet etc. which is completely incorrect.
4. This entire so called "project" is a quick scam to milk money out of the ignorant people, so the best thing you could do is report this to PayPal at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpce......D=&m=ARA and inform them about this fraud going on, in hope of people getting their money refunded back.
EDIT: 5. We aren't even that far into technology that we could fit specifications into a tiny bracelet, such as GPU, CPU, RAM, Memory etc.
EDIT: 6. They also failed to notice, when you would place your finger infront of the projector, it would be overlapped with a shadow on the image screen, just like when you're walking infront of a projector or a cinema screen.

Interesting points, but I think some are off base.

1. Yes, it is cgi, so what? And if it isn't a concept video, what is it?
2. Pretty sure I've been outside and had an image projected onto my skin before.
3+6. Bad cgi, mistakes in cgi, so what? I guess in practice it will not use absolutely white background.
5. So much for the iwatch etc.

4. This is the biggie. Well, the fact remains, Cicret is a real company and it already has a real product (other than the bracelet) on the market.

http://www.cicret.com/wordpress/?page_id=16697

The bracelet may not happen, but I would not be so quick to label it a scam.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J7GpVQCfms

missing some trademark/business/patent/publication/copyright... links for obvious purposes. why discuss living and eating a pretty picture of pie in the sky?

cute video. not current technology. projecting images outward that way - at some resololution would have very anti-social applications in today's society.

tasty spam and clickbait. thanks for the entertainment.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Wouldn't work on my arm, anyway.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2014, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, Steven Keyl wrote:

Cicret is a Paris-based company, so I'm surprised a principal engineer would be in Washington D.C.

http://www.cubebreaker.com/bracelet-touchscreen/

Do you see the fellow on the 'About Us' page?

http://www.cicret.com/wordpress/?page_id=18804

Also

http://www.cicret.com/wordpress/

The guy actually works in New York City. He spends weekends here at home in DC and works up there during the week. I don't remember the name of the company and based on where he said they were in the R&D life cycle the video seemed quite a few generations above that. I just assumed the company that made the video was the same one this guy worked for.

The video captures exactly what he said their end game was but he told me they were likely a few years away from a workable prototype, but he was convinced it's doable. They already have some wearables in the market but this one is "the grail".

landmark's point #5, the way he explained it to me was that the bracelet is just a display I/o device that is communicating with your main device i.e. your phone.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
You'd also need to shave your arm...
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
A year ago I would have said you could never make a projection keyboard and if you did the shadows from your fingers would render it useless but they are readily available and relatively inexpensive. Also, finger shadows do not affect it. Anything is possible with technology. Might not be in our lifetime, but anything is possible.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
It is scary that people might send in money to support this project based on an obviously enhanced video,

but even more scary if this device could work as claimed. I am speaking of cultural evolution, of course.

"Sorry I flunked that test, Mom. When I tried to cheat the rash on my arm gave me the wrong answers."

"Not my fault I didn't get the sale, boss. Friends forced me to answer calls and my arm gestures upset the client."

"Well, judge, I was looking at my arm and missed the stop sign. But I wasn't flipping that guy off and he had no right to punch me."

"Hey, cuddles. Can we change positions. All this motion is disrupting my online poker game."

"*** fly! I didn't want to bid that high."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2014, funsway wrote:

"Hey, cuddles. Can we change positions. All this motion is disrupting my online poker game."

funsway, you have posted many great reads over time but I have to give this one your "Line of the Year Award" Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2014, balducci wrote:

Cicret is a real company and it already has a real product (other than the bracelet) on the market.

http://www.cicret.com/wordpress/?page_id=16697

The bracelet may not happen, but I would not be so quick to label it a scam.

Two page interview with Cicret's co-founder, Guillaume Pommier:

http://www.techradar.com/news/portable-d......-1278393
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cicret Bracelet -- WOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL