The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pakistan school attacked by Taliban, more than 100 dead, mostly children. (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30491435

I would ask why but I know why...

They want to please their deity. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
An army-run school, with many children of military personnel, at that.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Don't fret- just show empathy and compassion towards them and they will convert and not hurt anyone anymore.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, RNK wrote:
Don't fret- just show empathy and compassion towards them and they will convert and not hurt anyone anymore.

They did kill these murderers.

Not that that is any consolation. Smile
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
The world is about back to square one, and all the effort until now is like the wind...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
The world is about back to square one, and all the effort until now is like the wind...

I do have hope it will get better.

If this doesn't galvanise the Pakistani government to wipe the Taliban off of the face of the earth, nothing will.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, Pakar Ilusi wrote:

What religion were those killed?
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2014, landmark wrote:
Quote:

Islam.

So were the ones killed.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Afghan Taliban condemns Pakistani Taliban

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/1......20141216

"The intentional killing of innocent people, children and women are against the basics of Islam and this criteria has to be considered by every Islamic party and government."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2014, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2014, landmark wrote:
Quote:

Islam.

So were the ones killed.

Reporting suggests that at least some of the children killed were Christian.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/pe......4517.htm

"Speaking from Peshawar, about 190km West of Islamabad, the officer for the British Pakistani Christian Association (BPCA) confirmed that many children died in the violence, some of whom were Christians."
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
To bad we did not have a terrorist to torture to prevent this. Or would that have been wrong in order to save these children?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2014, acesover wrote:
To bad we did not have a terrorist to torture to prevent this. Or would that have been wrong in order to save these children?

According to some here- WRONG!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Torture would lower yourself to their level...what's next ..You go kill their children?
I'm so sad this happened, but I'm even sadder that the media just lets it slide...
Still ... Less children killed than by US drone strikes......
Makes me think, think, think, think, .......

Save the Children!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:

If that was an attempt at humor, is was dismal and in poor taste. If it was supposed to make a point, it didn't. Nor did it even make any sense.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:

If that was an attempt at humor, is was dismal and in poor taste. If it was supposed to make a point, it didn't. Nor did it even make any sense.

Definitely not an attempt at humor. But if we had a terrorist who knew of this impending attack and we knew there was some sort of attack planned and he was involved and had information to prevent this would you say that torturing him would not be the proper thing to do if it saved those children? That is exactly what I meant. Now tell me if my thoughts were correct or incorrect in saving those children. Is it more humane to let those children die or not torture one terrorist? I am not interested in your "maybes or what ifs" just answer the question. One terrorist or a hundred plus children? Oh wait...its a war crime. Oh wait it is a hundred plus innocent children. Do the math.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:

But IF we had a terrorist and IF he knew of this impending attack and IF we knew there was some sort of attack planned and IF he was involved and IF he had information to prevent this would you say that torturing him would not be the proper thing to do IF it saved those children? ... Do the math.

Do the math? That string of IFs all being true is about as likely as a quantum computer being developed in the next hour, that runs on cheese.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Of course, the most likely thing is that even if we did have such a terrorist etc., the day or site of the attack would simply be postponed or changed by the remaining terrorists.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, balducci wrote:
Of course, the most likely thing is that even if we did have such a terrorist etc., the day or site of the attack would simply be postponed or changed by the remaining terrorists.

No the most likely thing is that we would save the lives of those children. What you are saying is that the terrorists believe that we would torture the individual and gather the info. But in the next breath you say that the info we would get from the terrorist is not good info...make up your mind.

You know that saving those children is the right thing to do as opposed to not torturing the terrorist but you are to stubborn to admit it. So you just make up excuses to let the children die by the hands of these people. Well your views and mine differ greatly. I vote for save the children or countless other innocents. You vote for the terrorist's rights. He gave them up when he became a terrorist.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, balducci wrote:

No the most likely thing is that we would save the lives of those children. What you are saying is that the terrorists believe that we would torture the individual and gather the info. But in the next breath you say that the info we would get from the terrorist is not good info...make up your mind.

That's not what I said / meant at all. I was working with the assumptions you gave.

If a gang of bankrobbers plan a heist and one is captured by the police, do the other bankrobbers go ahead as planned or do they change plans?

Do the robbers believe the cops tortured the robber to get details of the heist?

Well, maybe you do.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Does the promise of a reduced prison sentence incentivize committed terrorists to give up key information work as well as it does with bank robbers?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pakistan school attacked by Taliban, more than 100 dead, mostly children. (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL