The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sharp this : Custom Sharpie. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4394 Posts

Profile of videoman
Sure, these are just like the old gag pens that they've sold at joke & novelty shops for decades.
But the big difference is they look just like the Sharpie markers that so many of us already carry.
That means it's something I would actually use.

Is it worth the price?
Well, for the trouble of creating and producing this specialty item (including mark-ups for wholesale and retail) I suppose the price is what the creator decided it would be to make it worth their trouble. I doubt anyone is going to get rich off this item, and I'm glad they are priced high enough as not to become too commonplace.

Truth be told, if used at the right time and place, these stupid gags can get more of a reaction than any top notch sleight of hand.
I think it's something I could have some fun with. I know I had plenty of fun with the old Bic pen version when I was a kid.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1345 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2015, Alex DLF wrote:
- I've broken the plastic end of the sharpie after having carrying it for a day, this may be because of how the gimmick is installed inside so be gentle with the pen and take care of it.

That's a BIG con. for 25$ that d@mn thing better be well made so that doesn't happen after day one.. or two or 56.

Quote:
Similar products : This gaff may have been used before but I don't think it has ever been put into a sharpie.

Actually it has. A couple times I am pretty sure.
Official Thread Killer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sharp this : Custom Sharpie. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL