The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dynamo LIVE: Sunday Jan 11th (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1395 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
The Dynamo penguin lecture is here!

Link: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5058
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
Boom!!! **** just got real.
3ofclubs
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of 3ofclubs
By 'real' I assume you mean stooged and fixed in post.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
LMAO at 3 of clubs comment

Mike Donoghue
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I was watching Dynamo on t.v. but when it was very obvious that many of his spectator's are stooges, far more than Criss Angel, I could no longer watch anymore. His disclaimer at the beginning of the show states no actor's were involved, and he is someone what right because the stooges he uses are not actual actor's.

When he performed Ash & Ember Colour Changing Ring Magic Trick by Zach Heath on his show, he borrowed the ring from a supposed bystander on the street, and then walked away letting him keep it. Of course that's impossible because the ring can't be borrowed. After watching several other ***ized tricks I have to conclude that Dynamo makes Criss Angel look like an angel.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
"If you could ask ONE question to one of the world's most creative professional magicians, what would it be?" - Penguin Magic

How creative can he be if he relies on stooges even when performing real tricks created by other magicians? Maybe I can ask what makes him creative.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1308 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
You won't be able to heckle him -- the Dynamo session was recorded in November along with 4-5 others when Penguin sent a team over to England.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, Danny Kazam wrote:
I was watching Dynamo on t.v. but when it was very obvious that many of his spectator's are stooges, far more than Criss Angel, I could no longer watch anymore. His disclaimer at the beginning of the show states no actor's were involved, and he is someone what right because the stooges he uses are not actual actor's.

I don't even know how accurate that is as when he was here in LA a few years back filming, some of my friends happened to be at the beach and were asked if they were willing to be apart of the show. Without giving away secrets, let's say it was "suggested" that X is going to "appear or seem" to have happened and then they were "encouraged to respond like Y" afterwards they laughed and said some of the stuff he did was ok, but nothing all that memorable. The thing that was discouraging for both them and I was we all were a bit disappointed as most people don't get to see magic up close and if this what magic is "really" like it's not very impressive.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1824 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I haven't watched much of Dynamo but it seems that every time I have seen it most of the effects have been him wandering in somewhere (say a skateboard shop), asking them to just "think" of something (for example, a skateboard design) and Dynamo produces either the item or some representation of it. Once per series would be enough but it must be every episode.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2020 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, Tim Cavendish wrote:
You won't be able to heckle him -- the Dynamo session was recorded in November along with 4-5 others when Penguin sent a team over to England.

Then how can it be considered "Live"??
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2221 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
It's pre-recorded and they can't list the effects taught?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1788 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, MagicBrent wrote:
It's pre-recorded and they can't list the effects taught?

There are no effects taught at this lecture.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1308 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, inigmntoya wrote:
Quote:

It's a continuous recording, not edited (which in itself will be new for Dynamo, even just talking). There was a live audience at the session who could presumably ask questions. The only thing different from any other Penguin lecture is no questions from the internet. In case you haven't noticed, Penguin's lecture videos are still branded and sold as "Penguin LIVE" even after their recording/broadcast.

Tell us, have you returned "live" musical albums to the record store because the band members didn't pop out and personally play in your living room when you opened the package?
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's a continuous recording, not edited (which in itself will be new for Dynamo, even just talking). There was a live audience at the session who could presumably ask questions. The only thing different from any other Penguin lecture is no questions from the internet. In case you haven't noticed, Penguin's lecture videos are still branded and sold as "Penguin LIVE" even after their recording/broadcast.

Tell us, have you returned "live" musical albums to the record store because the band members didn't pop out and personally play in your living room when you opened the package?

Killer example, amen to that
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well said Tim. Smile
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Actually it's a crap analogy, live means recorded at a concert as opposed to a recording studio. Penguin stating LIVE means it should be live, as in the present time.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
My last post must of been deleted, so let me say it again. Unless Dynamo is going to do a lecture on how to use stooges, cgi, and clever camera editing what does Dynamo actually have to contribute to the art of magic to those of us who perform in front of real audience.

In my opinion, I don't find what he does on t.v as being creative. Unless he does his own special effects, and editing what is left for him to lecture about? Nothing will be taught at the lecture for obvious reasons.
Yann SICAMOIS
View Profile
New user
Tourves, France
79 Posts

Profile of Yann SICAMOIS
Quote:
(...) There was a live audience at the session who could presumably ask questions. The only thing different from any other Penguin lecture is no questions from the internet. In case you haven't noticed, (...)

(...)

Hello,

Questions did come from the audience (I asked one) and internet questions came in advance via Penguin's website.

Cheers.
Yann SICAMOIS
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1788 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
No one is forcing you to watch it. If you don't like Dynamo, Penguin offers plenty of other lectures to choose from.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
3ofclubs
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of 3ofclubs
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, TuneHV wrote:
No one is forcing you to watch it.

No one is suggesting anyone is. People are just pointing out he relies on stooges and post production to do magic. So any notion of a lecture is kinda amusing, unless it is his editor in how to use Final Cut.

Look, fair play to the kid. He came from nothing, and is making a good living making people think stooges and editing is magic. Fair play if that is what works for him. But the very notion of him doing a 'lecture' is kinda funny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dynamo LIVE: Sunday Jan 11th (37 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL