The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best Topit pattern? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Midwestmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Bartlett Tn
110 Posts

Profile of Midwestmagic
I Currently have a Carl Cloutier pattern but I am thinking of getting the Ammar pattern any input on the differences in the two would be appreciated please !!
Thnx Dan
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1016 Posts

Profile of Ado
Given that you know what a topit is, why don't you just experiment? Get some cloth, thread, and a needle, and try various shapes that help you in case you ever miss with your current topit. And once you've got it right, make it accessible from your pocket, and voila.

P!
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
727 Posts

Profile of ftlum
I believe the Cloutier pattern does not have a 'back stop', where the Ammar one does. I personally like that feature of the Ammar version. It makes me feel a little more confident-- I feel like I can tell more easily when the object lands in the topit. The last Jay Scott Berry one that I saw goes even further to attach the topit to your shirt so that there's even more security. The downside there is that you'd need to do a little sewing on the shirts you wear too.
JoshRyan
View Profile
Regular user
Kitchener, ON, Canda
123 Posts

Profile of JoshRyan
I've been using the Ammar topit. Then recently I saw the Jay Scott Berry topit and it has some significant design improvements.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
724 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Thom Peterson has some new work on it as well.
tseale
View Profile
New user
Great Smoky Mountains
1 Post

Profile of tseale
I purchased the Ammar pattern some years ago and have all my suits and sport jackets made with the topit device. I have been having suits and shirts made to measure for me for about 20 years now from a variety of fabrics in Hong Kong. My tailor visits the US about four times a year in several cities. His associate visits several other cities. I can't afford the very top of the line or the most exclusive fabrics, but I have about a dozen great suits from him with Michael Ammar's topit in eight of them.

I have my cuffs made deep and thick enough to conceal half dollars. I have my shirts all made with two breast pockets, 3-1/2 inch button down collars and my choice of cuff design. My style is straight timeless Brooks Brothers suits, but Vijay can make anything with any of thousands of fabrics, any special features you want, special pockets, tubes, multiple coin pockets in the pants or jackets, or he can copy something you have (for women too) exactly in any other fabric you like. I have a barrel chest and a Brian Denehy-type body. I could never get store-bought shirts to fit me right. After I got made-to-measure shirts, I could wear bow ties without my buttons straining. Became my new trademark. Women love bow ties, I can tell you.

There is nothing quite so confidence building as a suit made just for you from Hong Kong. Vijay is my age and also a dear friend. Check him out if there is a visit near you.
http://www.noblehouse.us/
Cheers,
Terry
lejulio
View Profile
New user
Worlwide
56 Posts

Profile of lejulio
Just my two cents, it's not a pattern but the topit from Edouard Boulanger has a great improve IMO. The system to take back the object is totally new.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best Topit pattern? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL