The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looch - The Black Project (183 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..8..12..16..20..24..27~28~29 [Next]
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
When I read Looch's '4.8 Minutes', I sent Looch an email telling him that his routine was pure napalm and that he had ice water running through his veins. I still consider it one of the best, well-crafted pieces of close up mentalism that I've ever read.

I've since had the opportunity to perform alongside him, and I have to say that Looch is one the steadiest, classy, and most unflappable men I've had the chance to work with.

Not that he'll get the reference, but I sort of think of him as the Tom Brady of mentalism.

As I got to know him, I realized that he had a whole arsenal of effects like '4.8 Minutes' that no one in the mentalism community knew about. Each well thought out. Each beautifully structured. Each honed to perfection through constant performance.

Obviously, we've all seen him perform 'Influence'. But there is so much more.

We now both work in the same marketplace. He is busier than I am - it pains me to say it, but it is a fact. I know that is in no small part to his performance philosophy and his unique approach to entertaining his audience. These underground routines have contributed tremendously to his success - not just because they are great, but because they reflect his approach to mentalism.

Now, over the last year, we've become fairly friendly and about six months ago, Looch confided in me that he was thinking of releasing some of these routines in a book.

I knew how much I'd already benefited from witnessing his methodical approach to performing and I encouraged him to put his routines on paper.

Over the subsequent months, I have had the opportunity to proof read some of the chapters in his forthcoming book 'The Black Project'.

At the moment, it stands at nearly 500 pages and the content is absolutely fantastic. He explains 'Influence'. He shares how he predicted the result of a rugby match, despite the fact that the prediction was in a police locker since before the game. He brings you the sorts of puzzles you'll be presented with by the lay public and then deconstructs the solutions that he has reached. His pet routines are there, secrets like 'Enigma' as well as his bank night routine - the cleanest and easiest that I've ever witnessed. He even includes something called 'Peek-Achoo', which is brilliant in everything but its title.

Honestly, this book is loaded down - I've haven't even scratched the surface yet.

I will be surprised if it isn't THE book of 2015.

But you needn't take my word for it. The whole point of this post is to share the following link with you:

http://looch.co.uk/black-project-free-sample/

Looch is releasing a chapter for free - and it is well worth reading. I have used the technique it describes routinely since he shared it with me nearly a year ago.

All you need to do is click the link, enter your email address, and return to the site with the password that gets emailed to you. You'll then be able to download the chapter. As you can see, Looch has a unique vision for the finished product and I expect that it will be one of the sleekest books you'll ever read.

So there you have it! An official announcement regarding Looch's forthcoming book 'The Black Project', and a FREE sample chapter - Nearly 60 pages.

I'm confident that you'll enjoy it.

Have a great New Year everyone!

Best,

Atlas
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Nice idea (on a couple of levels...Smile

I for one will be spending some hard-earned dough with Looch in the near future it appears. Best wishes on the project, Looch!
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Thanks.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
830 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
Started to read the pdf, thought it was okay, read the applications, thought "why didn't I thought of that ! It's brillant !".

Thank you Smile
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I am a big fan of everything I've been lucky enough to see or read from Looch so far, and after reading this teaser am even more excited about the Black Project.

I am curious though, will this be a limited release or will this be released to the community at large?
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Thank you Atlas and of course Looch!
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
124 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
Thanks Atlas for the introduction and also to Looch for the sample chapter of "The Black Project".
The material released by Looch over what must be nearly the last 10 years is without doubt some of my favourites and very highly recommended particularly for the close-up worker...4.8 notes, Area Book Test, index, book, dvd etc etc
Apart from that he is also a good guy which is always a bonus !
Count me in...I eagerly await this release from Looch.
Cheers,
Paul.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
I am fully psyched for TBP in 2015, it's really going to be something special. I don't know if it is going to be strictly a Limited Edition but I do know that Looch has got something pretty groovy up his sleeve for the actual physical production of the (enormous) book. I think people will be talking about this a lot when it hits.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Will it be out early next year?
Gorgeous
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Gorgeous
This sounds absolutely incredible, going to start saving up for this!
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Thank you Atlas and Looch
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Thank you Atlas and Looch
dan the man
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Awesome! Thank you very much!
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Brilliant. Incredibly generous and a very stylish teaser. I'm really fired up to read the rest of the book. Roll on 2015!
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2014, Chaz93 wrote:
I am a big fan of everything I've been lucky enough to see or read from Looch so far, and after reading this teaser am even more excited about the Black Project.

I am curious though, will this be a limited release or will this be released to the community at large?

Hello!

I'm not going to be marketing this as a 'Limited edition' buy now before they run out affair. Having said that because I'm funding the project myself with a specific vision in mind for the look, it's a very expensive book to manufacture. In fact The Black Project will be 2 books inside a presentation box. The number we have in mind is around 400 copies.

Many thanks and happy holidays!
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
We really have been spoilt lately with some incredible books being released in 2014 and now we have at least one incredible release lined up for 2015.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Very cool! The book sounds delightful, and what a great way to introduce it by offering a free chapter! Thank you, Looch!
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2014, looch wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2014, Chaz93 wrote:

Hello!

I'm not going to be marketing this as a 'Limited edition' buy now before they run out affair. Having said that because I'm funding the project myself with a specific vision in mind for the look, it's a very expensive book to manufacture. In fact The Black Project will be 2 books inside a presentation box. The number we have in mind is around 400 copies.

Many thanks and happy holidays!

That sounds lovely. I can't wait. Happy Holidays to you as well!
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I have picked up everything looch puts out, this will be awesome the principal shared is brilliant.

Carl
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I'm glad so many of you are enjoying this - not only is the design cool, but the content is excellent as well. And you haven't read the redacted bits yet! They are fantastic!

I don't know how many of you caught it at the end, but right before the last redacted section Looch mentions letting the PARTICIPANT spin the coin. This is the way I've been performing 'Coinfabulation' now, and I can't properly express how strong this is. I performed this at a party on Monday night and the entire table just went silent at the end. That perfect, wonderful type of silence when you know their sense of reality has just come crashing down around their ears. About fifteen seconds of it before there was the sort of commotion that would have done a madhouse proud.

Great stuff.

Best,

Atlas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looch - The Black Project (183 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..8..12..16..20..24..27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL