The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Against the advise of every kidshow worker I know, I am currently doing a steel ball C&B in my kid's program. Seems to be working fine. Mr. Bean can entertain doing the most mundane chores imaginable. I'm thinking it's all in the way you do it.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of sadhu
The Al Schneider classic cup and balls routine is very nice for shows.
This is a sit-down routine with a fairy traditional presentation with
three cups, three balls and three final loads. You can get the routine
from Al Schneider cups and balls DVD. The famous LA cups routine
is included in the same DVD.
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Gary Kosnitzky
The "Original Post"

Quote:
On 2002-06-18 12:18, controlled wrote:
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a cups and balls routine that I could learn for shows or even recommend a few tricks to learn. Thanks.

This was also "controlled's" last and final post.
His thread was completely hijacked and his call for help was completely ignored.
Is this how magicians help magicians?
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

His question was answered in the first response. If he got the Ammar book he would have been all set. It was a fairly lame question, that would have been answered with a search, so the thread topic went a different direction. So yes that is how magicians help magicians.

In fact, the more I read the more answers he got. He was looking for a kidshow cups and balls, and the third response advises him against it. So that advice became the new direction.
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Josh,You wrote:
"His question was answered in the first response. If he got the Ammar book he would have been all set. It was a fairly lame question, that would have been answered with a search, so the thread topic went a different direction. So yes that is how magicians help magicians."

Josh, I don't think you would appreciate it if your threads are derailed and your questions and comments are referred to as being lame.

Josh, you then wrote:
"In fact, the more I read the more answers he got. He was looking for a kidshow cups and balls, and the third response advises him against it. So that advice became the new direction."

Here is "controlled's" original and only post:

Quote:
On 2002-06-18 12:18, controlled only wrote 1 post:
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a cups and balls routine that I could learn for shows or even recommend a few tricks to learn. Thanks.

Josh,
Where in that 2 sentences do you see anything remotely implying any interest in a "kid show" cups and balls?

Finally, let me remind you of the Magic Café's policy on this matter.
Quote Steve Brooks,Posted: May 5, 2002 4:54am:

"Staying on Topic

After reading and posting at The Magic Café for awhile, you may feel as though you have developed friendships with some, perhaps many, of the other posters and readers. This is probably one of the most rewarding parts of participating with our magic family here.

It is only natural to occasionally want to share information with your friends that is “Off Topic” (i.e. not related to the subject matter of the forum you are in).

While it may at first seem harmless to post a bit about off topic (OT) subjects, it can become a slippery slope. If others join in on OT posts then soon everybody has sent the discussion threads on so many tangents that it is difficult to follow the original topic. Further, posting off topic essentially violates our Café rules. People come to The Magic Café forums looking for information related to magic. It is not polite to post off topic items frequently."

The correct Forum a new thread should have been started in regards to "kids shows" is "The little darlings" forum.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4826 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Guys, this was TEN YEARS AGO!

Controlled's question was answered a little after four hours after posting. After that, a followup question was asked that was *on* topic, and it continued to build from there. That's the nature of these kinds of forums.

Nobody derailed anything.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Gary, you are right. And very smart.
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-15 21:01, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
Gary, you are right. And very smart.

Josh, May I use this quote on my resume? Smile
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
mitchgamble
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mitchgamble
For me....It HAS to be Gazzo's Street Cups...there are no others!

I guess it depends very much on the audience though...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups and balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL