The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind's Stainless Steel Blindfold (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Yes, it can
francisco
View Profile
Loyal user
Coolest guy in the café
267 Posts

Profile of francisco
Yeah you can, I think the first post in the thread mentions it

-Francisco
'When you steal one trick, they call it plagiarism. When you steal many - they call it research.'

[Corinda, 13 steps to mentalism]
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
I got mine yesterday, and spent pretty much time on trying to find out the secret and how it works.
Believe me, I couldn't!!

After having read the manual and played with the thing today, I can only say that this is a most amazing item, and that it has tons of possibilities.

The routines described in the manual look really great.
The reason for why I bought it, is the routine in Dynamic Mysteries.
If you can find it anywhere, just get it!

Sven
GFord
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
53 Posts

Profile of GFord
Sven, I can second your comments. The quality is first rate and the book is manditory for anyone thinking of doing blindfold work. Richard has shared great routines and most important stratigies to produce maximum effects in presentation.
- GF
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Gentlemen,

Since Dynamic Mysteries was mentioned earlier by Sven, and since part of it pertains to my blindfold, let me tell you that I just put up my last (extra) copy of Dynamic Mysteries on eBay. You can find it with a simple search. I also put up 2 other great mentalism books, one is by Al Mann.

Thanks again for all your great comments about the blindfold.

Richard
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hi Richard,

I'm planning to buy your blindfold. And my face is almond shaped and longish. I feel the blindfold might be too large. I wanted to ask you. Once I get your blindfold can I wear it on and if it doesn't suit or is too large for my face can I make one out of sheet metal and use the same principle/method in it. Is it easy to fabricate a better fitting one if I'm too particular about the looks thing ?. I would appreciate your advise. Thanks.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2004-02-04 09:52, Richard Osterlind wrote:
Whatever rings your chimes, Zodiac. (Sounds like I am still going to make a sale!)

Seriously, we all have to do what we feel is the best for us. I am slated to do a new set of videos this coming summer for L&L. I didn't want to do anything on the first set that required a prop that you couldn't make yourself.

There has been so much interest, however, in some of my marketed items. I am thinking of doing a few items on there such as the blindfold to demonstrate my handling. Perhaps if you could actually see the way I use it, it might seem more logical to you.

Richard

Just to take this off topic for a second Richard, are there any plans for a re-release of "Thought Scan"? Your handleing of it on your DVD is great.

BTY, I have your EMMM set and put together a phone book for the test. An hour later, after finding a single area coded book, not easy to do here in the UK, and I've got a prop that is great. I've done it a half dozen times and have pulled it off as shown. Even flipping all of the pages open prior to doing the effect didn't expose the gaffs.

When will your new DVD set come up?
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
So does the book that come with it include routines, or no? if so, could you give me a brief description of them. it just says "What’s more, a brand new book by Osterlind is included that contains the full workings of the blindfold plus revolutionary ideas, some of which have never before been disclosed." that doesn't give me the impression that there are routines in there
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
If I recall correctly, there is a psycometry routine, an incredible book test, an acid test, a great routine where you stab a balloon on a volunter’s hand, and a routine from Ted Lesley involving billets that I can really remember in detail.

Besides, the blindfold itself is superb, and Richard’s explanations as good as usual.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-02-14 17:26, mindguy wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-02-04 09:52, Richard Osterlind wrote:
Whatever rings your chimes, Zodiac. (Sounds like I am still going to make a sale!)

Seriously, we all have to do what we feel is the best for us. I am slated to do a new set of videos this coming summer for L&L. I didn't want to do anything on the first set that required a prop that you couldn't make yourself.

There has been so much interest, however, in some of my marketed items. I am thinking of doing a few items on there such as the blindfold to demonstrate my handling. Perhaps if you could actually see the way I use it, it might seem more logical to you.

Richard

Just to take this off topic for a second Richard, are there any plans for a re-release of "Thought Scan"? Your handleing of it on your DVD is great.

BTY, I have your EMMM set and put together a phone book for the test. An hour later, after finding a single area coded book, not easy to do here in the UK, and I've got a prop that is great. I've done it a half dozen times and have pulled it off as shown. Even flipping all of the pages open prior to doing the effect didn't expose the gaffs.

When will your new DVD set come up?

Glad that the phone book is working out so well for you.

I am working on the Thoughtscan board. If it works out the way I am hoping, it will be better than ever.

I cannot state when the next set of videos will be out. That's out of my control and we will have to wait and see. I will keep you posted.

Richard
B&B Magic
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of B&B Magic
I finally succumbed to the hype and recommendations and picked up this blindfold today. I've been having a problem with the all-important fitting of the blindfold. No matter what I do (and I've fiddled with it for a good 2 hours), it just doesn't seem right. I had much higher expectations for this item, so I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong. I've sent Richard a PM and if anyone else has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
Brandon
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Brandon;

Unfortunately (-or fortunately for that matter Smile ) are our heads and head shapes not identical
I also used some time with the fitting.
After I got valuable advices from Richard and a little more experimenting of my own, I made it fit perfect.

I'll PM you.

Sven
B&B Magic
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of B&B Magic
Sven:

Thanks! I look forward to your message. Richard was kind enough to respond to my PM and offer a quick suggestion which seems to help quite a bit. I'm still not sure if I should keep adjusting the SSB or start adjusting my face! Smile

Brandon
mackmania
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County
137 Posts

Profile of mackmania
Is the blindfold easy to use? How good of a peek can you get?

Cheers,
mackmania
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." ---Joseph "the Amazing" Dunninger
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
Hi Mackmania,

I do use steel blindfold and it really is not difficult to use. All I can say is that you have a quite clear view so you can see all whats going on in the room. I don't want to say more here.

But it really is very convincing since you can put it on a spectator before you use it and she will confirm you apparently cannot see anything.

Greetings
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
I second that. Wonderful works. I bought mine 1987(!), and even the elastics are still fresh and usable!
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
So I have been in possession oif a black variation of this made from plastic, would this be considered a knock off? Was this principle a new one or one that predates osterlind?
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 22:20, Scott Xavier wrote:
So I have been in possession oif a black variation of this made from plastic, would this be considered a knock off?

Yes.
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
If you are having trouble "fitting it", keep at it.
I have a relatively small sized head (I wear a size 6 and 7/8 hat and that is small especially considering all of the highly active intellectual content inside...) but it only took me a short time to get it formed right and to be productive.

Remember, when you first put it on, you should not be able to see anything. Then by following the instructions in the book, you should have it.

As for it being an uncommon item, I tell people that because I do not want there to be any chance of me being accused of seeing though an ordinary blindfold, I have acquired this most extraordinary one. It is solid metal, and except for Superman, (and my wife will attest to my not being Superman - line you might drop...), no one can see through it. It is exactly what it appears to be. Solid Stainless Steel. I use solid stainless steel so that it doesn't rust when I sweat from squinting and trying to see through it, which is impossible.

Then have a spectator try it out, and when they have it on, tell them to look at you though the blindfold, and tell you what you see! I can guarantee that they will see nothing. Becasue that is all there is to see.

Also upon having them come onto stage, If you don't use the Superman/wife line above, you can ask him if he really is Superman in disguise, then immediately look out into the audience and say "His wife says; no way!"

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 22:20, Scott Xavier wrote:
Was this principle a new one or one that predates osterlind?

Define "principle" -- because that's where things get interesting.

There's a common thread found in the rationalization when thieves knock off an existing trick. The code word that facilitates the dirty deed is "principle" -- which is a less than clever way of deflecting from the real issue.

As my friend Jim Sisti is quick to point out, changing from a red deck to a blue deck doesn't make it a new trick; it makes it a knock off. Richard's application and handling of his blindfold is a principle-plus-blindfold marriage no one else considered before he did. That makes it his.

And making the blindfold out of black plastic just makes it Richard Osterlind's Stainless Steel Blindfold -- just in plastic.

Does that help?

John
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind's Stainless Steel Blindfold (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL