We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is the name of the ball of water becoming solid effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RookieMage
View Profile
New user
Rookies only have
58 Posts

Profile of RookieMage
Hello Caféterians, I saw an effect fairly recently, where the mage pulled a jiggly ball of water out of a bowl of water, about the size of a tennis ball. I did not note the name of the magician nor the name of the effect, but it was truly a stunner; a dripping "ball of water", pretty big, scooped out of a bowl, the effect looked great.

Can anyone tell me the name of the effect and/or the name of the magician who made it? I might have seen it on some TV show, but again, I can recall the details...

Anyone? Buehler? :o)
RookieMage
View Profile
New user
Rookies only have
58 Posts

Profile of RookieMage
FOUND IT!!!!! Now if only I knew how he did it...

Jason Latimer doing "Water Misfit V-2" as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_qa46FET4
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Unfortunately, until you reach 50 posts and can go to Secret Sessions, no one will discuss this with you in the public area of the forum. Latimer devises some nifty new effects for sure.

Here's the one that won him a championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJN1iMOfgAc
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6749 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Welcome to the Café, RookieMage! "Water Misfit V-2" is his exclusively. One of his best! The clear cups & balls is unique to him as well. Fantastic stuff!

Doug
RookieMage
View Profile
New user
Rookies only have
58 Posts

Profile of RookieMage
Is it considered exposure if I hazard a guess the he is possessed of magical powders that make his effects look like real magic? Cause his effects are truly "magical" IMO.

BeThePlunk: Thanks for the heads up and thanks for the cool link; when I grow up, I want to be just like him... :o)
Dougini: Thanks for the warm welcome, this place seems to be full of good, talented folks, I'm glad to join the club!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6749 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2014, RookieMage wrote:
I hazard a guess the he is possessed of magical powders that make his effects look like real magic

I wish I could find some of those powders! Woofle Dust ain't cuttin' it! LOL!

Quote:
On Dec 28, 2014, RookieMage wrote:
Dougini: Thanks for the warm welcome, this place seems to be full of good, talented folks, I'm glad to join the club!

My pleasure! As far as "talent" goes, there are those here that leave me in the DUST! LOL! I do get by, though...

Doug
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Rook - Stay sincere in your commitment to learn and to support the members of this community, and the next 45 posts will fly by.

See you in Secret Sessions!
443magicman
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of 443magicman
Wow, I have no idea how he did it!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6749 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2014, 443magicman wrote:
Wow, I have no idea how he did it!

Neither do I! And I love it! I don't want to know. It looks like real magic! I feel like a kid again! Magic is alive and well, when I see this sort of thing! Classic! Smile

And, welcome to the Café, 443!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is the name of the ball of water becoming solid effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL