The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Eugene Burger Penguin Lecture (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I know that some may find this quaint. But I was surprised and inspired by Eugene's lecture on Penguin last night.
Mr. Burger is anything but the hot new thing and I know it can be annoying being recommended lectures/books etc as "legendary" only to find somebody past their prime shilling old ideas-- but I loved this lecture. I wasn't even intending to watch it last night-- but as he kept talking he kept drawing me in deeper and deeper.

I'm posting my recommendation here in the Mentally Speaking forum particularly because I thought a lot of what Burger had to share had a direct bearing on a lot of discussions that have been coming up here this past year.

If you're familiar with his work you'll find no new methods. It's all classic EB... but, maybe it was the cold he was suffering through but it really felt like the gloves were off last night.

Also, it was great seeing mentalism presented outside the realm of "psychological illusion".

Lots of fun and great reminders
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
I was going to attend that lecture in person yesterday but it looks like fate had other plans as I now have a rear wheel cylinder shooting break fluid.Oh what fun! So the hour drive to Columbus, Ohio did not seem like a good idea.

Thanks David, glad to hear it was a good EB lecture.

Bill Montana
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Mr burger was the one I was looking forward to the most...more than derren and the rest...

Been too busy drinking fine ales, feasting and messing about to watch it yet though...but I do think he is worth studying, I have all his books, and they all can be applied to mentalism...he is somewhat of an unsung hero in my opinion...
I've asked to be banned
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
I thought it was one of the best lectures they have done in a while. Eugene really hit it out of the park.
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Did he happen to go over his handling for the Trick That Cannot Be Explained? It's really brilliant, I wasn't able to watch last nights taping yet.

I'm sure it was amazing like everything else he has published Smile
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
How long does Penguin usually take to make a product available for download? I preordered this, but unfortunately wasn't able to watch it live. It's not showing up for download on my account. Not impatient, just curious.
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Under 24 hours usually. Longer lectures take a bit more time to load for obvious reasons.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Thanks!
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
I think the lecture is up now. I got the email.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I got it too. Thanks!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I had the pleasure of hanging with Eugene a few months ago for 3 full days at the McBride Mentalist Master Class and he was nothing short of wise and extremely generous with his vast knowledge of the arts.

His take on magic and his ideas were beyond invaluable - and a heck of a nice person!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
The best lecture I saw, and I'm not even a magician!

I have every lecture of every mentalist that ever done Penguin Live, some were great, some were not, but I never bought a magician's lecture. Now I understand I may be doing a mistake...

Eugene is a very special person for me in magic, his rock start voice and calm personality and the deepest knowledge of magic makes him the best teacher, so I decided to buy this lecture, just because Eugene.

And it was the best lecture I ever saw, do yourself a favor and buy!
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I bought this prior to the lecture. I was otherwise spoken for Sunday evening but I cannot wait . Eugene is my favorite magician.

I can't wait to watch!

Thanks Eugene
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Great lecture and only half way through. The coin trick and OOTW were terrific. He is certainly great at making even the most simple effect look like a theatrical show piece.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Dave was right.

Inspirational is the word. I don't like using the "favorite" word (because each experience brings its own insight), but this was certainly a standout lecture. Everytime I read, listen, or watch Eugene, I am gleening wisdom.

Thank you for the gift, Mr. Burger.

Highest Recommendation!
oliverr
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of oliverr
Wow, that was an outstanding lecture. Great and commercial magic and great advice by one of the most fabulous magicians out there. It was a real pleasure to watch Eugene's lecture.
Money well spent.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I would love to see a Burger and Cassidy combo lecture...

i loved how passionate eugene was about it all, as it should be - I loved how he railed against certain things, and you could see it in his face...for those that haven't, buy all of his books, you'll find so much to think about...no matter what you study and perform...
I've asked to be banned
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
How long was the lecture?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Not long enough...yet, long enough...
I've asked to be banned
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
About three and a half hours I think?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Eugene Burger Penguin Lecture (13 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL