The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Eugene Burger Penguin Lecture (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2207 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
What did he teach?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18331 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you go on the penguin site, you can read all about it...
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
The Penguin site says "what will he teach." So it has not been updated since the lecture with what he actually taught. Knowing Eugene, my hunch is that he may have stuck with what he intended, but sometimes there ends up being a substantial difference between what is originally listed and what actually happens.

I'd still love to hear a little more specifically what he covered.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I was thrilled that he performed his invisible coins routine. I've wanted to see it for a long time and understood that he only taught it in lectures. It's very nice thinking.

I liked his passion for the art of magic. Fascinating insights and his haunted deck on the back of his hand was cool.
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
That coin effect though! I don't even bother with coins but the invisible coin routine that Eugene taught must be added to my close up act
NebA
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of NebA
What does the coin effect look like? It sounds like a lot of people liked it so I am curious!
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
The audience member thinks of a coin and it appears in his hand. You really need to see it to understand just how awesome it is.
NebA
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of NebA
Ah okay, thanks! Maybe Penguin will make a trailer soon so I can see it. I will probably be getting the lecture either way though Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Is it just me, or would anyone else love to hear Eugene Burger say "I am Groot" ?
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Dave, very astute decision posting the review in Mentally Speaking, thank you. The first lecture I ever attended was one of Mr. Burgers, before I'd ever heard of him.

It was over THIRTY years ago and made a profound impression upon me. Looking back, it is clear how much his teaching, passion and drive for excellence impacted me not only as a magician (as I would have described myself then) but in my ultimate decision to study and develop myself as a mentalist. Bottom line, as a student, performer and creator.

I watched the Penguin lecture with high expectations. They were met AND exceeded. Forgive my indulgence in cliche, but like a fine wine Mr. Burger has aged well in every way. He set the bar high back then and continues to do so today.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
He doesn't seem to age at all Bill. He looks the same now as he did 20 years ago! And when he talks with that voice of his you've just got to listen. Smile
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1731 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Eugene was a treat! I really enjoyed this lecture, myself. I had the pleasure and honor of hosting and glad I was able to make it into town on Penguin's invite to do so. There is wonderful value in this lecture - as with everything Mr. Burger presents the magic community.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
My mental image is the one imprinted in the lecture mentioned above, so maybe the added 10 years is a factor, Sean. Eugene was heavier back then and while I do see aging, like I said it is all good. He certainly has slimmed down and "that voice" is richer and even more nuanced than years ago.

Patrick, you did a wonderful job, thank you! Cursing Dan may have been a bit extreme but at least he was well enough again in time to travel for the DB lecture. Any behind the scenes tidbits you can share?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just got this lecture, looks like I'm in for a treat judging by these reviews.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18331 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I bought a robot!
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
This lecture was much more applicable to mentalism than I would have anticipated. Thank you dmoses for recommending it, as I likely wouldn't have picked it up otherwise.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thank you all, I just bought this. Cannot wait until tonight.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just watched it, a master at work. Worth the price just for the coin effect alone IMO.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
dan the man
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Does anyone know if the coin effect is the same as the one in his dvd?
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2015, dan the man wrote:
Does anyone know if the coin effect is the same as the one in his dvd?

Can you describe the effect and I'll tell you if it's the same.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Eugene Burger Penguin Lecture (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL