The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Book Update/End of December 2014 (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2015, markymarkmagicuk wrote:
It has to be the longest Marketed book in history prior to publication...

That's a brash statement without support of any kind.

Richard is very generous here on The Café, and the magic community, with including us in his process. He could have easily kept the book development quiet until it was close to release, but instead he chose to include his fellow Tenyo fans in the creation of this book and involve us as it was being produced. I love that. It makes me feel a part of something I usually couldn't be a part of.

The timetable means nothing to me in this case. I know I'll get the book. And it will be right. And since this book never existed until Richard made it happen, that's all I need.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
302 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Have you never heard of the term.. "Tongue in Cheek" Wizard!!!! lol. Sense of humour helps too! Also I don't need to backup the claim of "most marketed book" as it was a throwaway statement. Lighten up mate. Note to self... magicians appear touchy.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Seeing a new slipcase sample shortly. Hopefully it will be the right one and we can proceed to pack and ship!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, markymarkmagicuk wrote:
Have you never heard of the term.. "Tongue in Cheek" Wizard!!!! lol. Sense of humour helps too! Also I don't need to backup the claim of "most marketed book" as it was a throwaway statement. Lighten up mate. Note to self... magicians appear touchy.

Fair enough markymarkmagicuk! Please accept my apologies for being over-defensive. But, in my defense, there is quite a lot of negativity from useless trolls on this site, who only take and never give. I let my emotions get the best of me and assumed you were ignorantly insulting the good Mr. Kaufman (not that he needs my help...which he does not). Anyway...carry on, and thanks for being open-minded.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
And with no ill intent intended, often that 'negativity' happens to come from newcomers to this thread.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2015, Richard Kaufman wrote:

You should each receive an email from me in response to your PayPal payment by Monday.

Did anyone receive a confirmation email from Richard? I did not...
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Not yet, but he's swamped!
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Not a problem. I do not need confirmation as I did get the PayPal confirmation. Thanks
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Richard?

Do you have an idea of when the books will arrive in the UK?

I penciled in the middle of October. Does that sound about right?

Can't wait for the book. And thanks so much for taking on this massive project.
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, Richard Kau
fman wrote:
Sorry, swamped doesn't even begin to describe it, but I'm pretty certain the goal has been met.

Thanks to you all (on Stereo's behalf).

If you read my post on Facebook, you'll note that all the slipcases have to get chucked (I found a defect) and remade, so there will be a slight delay in delivery of all the books.

Richard,

Do we have a new ETA on when the books will be shipped?

Thanks,

Kirk
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Sounds like we are getting mighty close.
A month or so maybe?

Good luck Richard... I'm really looking forward to it.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

As I've written, the books themselves are printed and sitting at the printer in China. The delay is with the slipcase. I've rejected the first five samples. I am waiting for a sixth sample to come from China this week--if it's good then everything will start moving again. At this point it seems that the books will arrive in the US in mid October. Then we will ship them out. So add the appropriate time for shipping to mid-October based on where you live.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Glad you are applying a critical eye to the quality.

Good luck with the remainder of the process.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

So, here's another update: the printer has finally created a slipcase that functions as it should. My wife did a design for the exterior and they have already shown us a mockup, and we expect to see photos of a fully-made sample in the next day or so.

Very sorry for the delay. The books have been sitting in China, all done, for a month. It never occurred to me that the slipcase could possibly cause such a problem.

If the new sample is good, then we are looking at being able to ship the books near the end of October. A long time to wait, I know, but at least we are going to ship all of them out from here by Priority Mail (and Global Priority Mail) so they will arrive quickly once they leave our hands.

Thanks for your patience.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Thanks for the update Richard... I for one would rather have another few weeks wait then a slipcase that is not just right.
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
I agree.. I always want it done right and not fast. Take whatever time you need Richard to get it just right. Thanks

Charlie
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Wish I could post photos here to display the new slipcase. When I get a good photo I'll put it on my Facebook page, which is public and anyone can see.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Here is a question for all;
Would it be sacrilegious to highlight & make notes in my deluxe version of Tenyoism?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
It would be a little unholy, but probably not sacrilegious. It would effect the book's worth though if you wanted to resell it (but reselling it WOULD be sacrilegious)!
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I actually think taking notes in it would display a certain cool swagger. It's like you know it's for you. Not some precious collectable to preserve for resale. You actually use it, read it, absorb it. Shows confidence in a cool way to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Book Update/End of December 2014 (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL