The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Two year old shoots mom (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
251 Posts

Profile of greerj
Http://news.yahoo.com/police-boy-2-accid......957.html

What kind of trigger pull weight can a two year old generate?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2715 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Could have had a hair trigger
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
251 Posts

Profile of greerj
Could have. That's scary, having a pistol with a hair trigger in a buggy at Wal-Mart.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
What is not scary at Wal-Mart?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/......-walmart

In November, a woman in Oklahoma was fatally shot by her three-year-old with a semi-automatic handgun. Police said it appeared the child picked up the gun while his mother was changing a one-year-old’s diaper.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-boy-2-accid......957.html

In April, a 2-year-old boy apparently shot and killed his 11-year-old sister while they and their siblings played with a gun inside a Philadelphia home. Authorities said the gun was believed to have been brought into the home by the mother's boyfriend.

---

Gee, if only there was a simple way to prevent tragedies like the above (link that follows has to do with an idea developed by the fellow who designed the assault rifle used by elite U.S. special-forces units and that is credited with killing Osama bin Laden):

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/worl......2222138/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
It's hard to miss a Wal-Mart mom.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2726 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, balducci wrote:
Http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/......-walmart

In November, a woman in Oklahoma was fatally shot by her three-year-old with a semi-automatic handgun. Police said it appeared the child picked up the gun while his mother was changing a one-year-old’s diaper.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-boy-2-accid......957.html

In April, a 2-year-old boy apparently shot and killed his 11-year-old sister while they and their siblings played with a gun inside a Philadelphia home. Authorities said the gun was believed to have been brought into the home by the mother's boyfriend.

---

Gee, if only there was a simple way to prevent tragedies like the above (link that follows has to do with an idea developed by the fellow who designed the assault rifle used by elite U.S. special-forces units and that is credited with killing Osama bin Laden):

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/worl......2222138/


Don't be silly. "Millions" of people have been saved by gun owners protecting themselves. Obviously if some people are going to die accidently, that's the price we must pay to be a free America! Smile
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Darwin's theory at work.(again) too soon to laugh....
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
If only the Mother had had a second gun, she could have defended herself against the two year old.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2715 Posts

Profile of lunatik
It's all about responsibility, nothing is foolproof it one can mitigate things like this by using common sense.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, balducci wrote:
Http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/......-walmart

In November, a woman in Oklahoma was fatally shot by her three-year-old with a semi-automatic handgun. Police said it appeared the child picked up the gun while his mother was changing a one-year-old’s diaper.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-boy-2-accid......957.html

In April, a 2-year-old boy apparently shot and killed his 11-year-old sister while they and their siblings played with a gun inside a Philadelphia home. Authorities said the gun was believed to have been brought into the home by the mother's boyfriend.

---

Gee, if only there was a simple way to prevent tragedies like the above (link that follows has to do with an idea developed by the fellow who designed the assault rifle used by elite U.S. special-forces units and that is credited with killing Osama bin Laden):

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/worl......2222138/


Don't be silly. "Millions" of people have been saved by gun owners protecting themselves. Obviously if some people are going to die accidently, that's the price we must pay to be a free America! Smile


To be fair, some sources dispute the "millions" claim and contend that it's only hundreds of thousands.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, Ian McColl wrote:
Darwin's theory at work.(again) too soon to laugh....


Nothing funny here. Accidental deaths are common and terrible. This poor child faces an uncertain and likely difficult future.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nothing to laugh at. Not a single funny thing of a two year old motherless child who will grow up knowing they were the cause of moms death.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, balducci wrote:
Http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/......-walmart

In November, a woman in Oklahoma was fatally shot by her three-year-old with a semi-automatic handgun. Police said it appeared the child picked up the gun while his mother was changing a one-year-old’s diaper.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-boy-2-accid......957.html

In April, a 2-year-old boy apparently shot and killed his 11-year-old sister while they and their siblings played with a gun inside a Philadelphia home. Authorities said the gun was believed to have been brought into the home by the mother's boyfriend.

---

Gee, if only there was a simple way to prevent tragedies like the above (link that follows has to do with an idea developed by the fellow who designed the assault rifle used by elite U.S. special-forces units and that is credited with killing Osama bin Laden):

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/worl......2222138/


Don't be silly. "Millions" of people have been saved by gun owners protecting themselves. Obviously if some people are going to die accidently, that's the price we must pay to be a free America! Smile


To be fair, some sources dispute the "millions" claim and contend that it's only hundreds of thousands.


Or at least a few dozen.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
What’s funny is the people, the people who think it is not irresponsible to licence Wal-Mart to sell firearms in store to moms with kids in and off their trollies and then seeing them same people bemoan the tragedy of kids shooting moms in Wal-Mart. Moms guns and kids, they don’t go together like an horse and carriage or hadn't ought to, it seems to me.

Anyhow now I have to go and drop my daughter and her gang off at one of them there demonic raves.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
First one of tommys troll posts I read in years and it is that insane rambling.

This sadly was the fault of the mother. To leave a loaded firearm anywhere NEAR a child unsupervised is just not what she learned in the ccw class.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
I have watched people reactions to 'funniest video shows" and many laugh at the most insane stupidy some humans can muster.

This event is just another one of these, However the outcome is irreversable.

In the USA, it's a 'gun culture', kill or be killed', so when accidents happen, it's life (or someone lost) After 1000000 deaths in the last 30 years, why and when will people actually get used to it.

At least the kid has a story to tell when asked 'what did you do during the break?'
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6441 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Wow
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Would this be treated as simply an "accidental" tragedy if the victim was an innocent shopper who happened to be passing by?

Law school question time: If the victim was an innocent bystander, would there be a cause of action against the gun owner? Could criminal charges be filed? Discuss.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Interesting and disturbing that in so many gun related posts here, that it is normally reduced to a legal question.

I would have thought it was a simple as "god's plan", "god only takes who he needs", "you are only given what you can handle"


I'd end with 'discuss' but I know these are the topics that aren't allowed to be discussed freely.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Two year old shoots mom (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL