The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Zig zag illusion (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

newmagician123
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of newmagician123
Looking for illusion builder here in australia,
im wanting the zig zag lady
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Every professional (!) builder can build a good Zig Zag for you.
kenb123
View Profile
New user
Parker,CO
66 Posts

Profile of kenb123
But if you don't own the Harbin book, then ethically you don't have the right to perform it.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2015, kenb123 wrote:
But if you don't own the Harbin book, then ethically you don't have the right to perform it.

Really?
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Here you go, John. Not sure of the reality of the restriction because Osborne created a set of build plans to his "improved version".

http://www.geniimagazine.com/magicpedia/......t_Harbin
Regards,
Silverthorne
kenb123
View Profile
New user
Parker,CO
66 Posts

Profile of kenb123
Thanks Quail Creek, no one of course honors it, but as I said "ethically" you should not be performing something not created by you, where the originator has explicitly spelled out the performance rights. I believe there are whole threads on Osborne plans, and I happen to love Paul's creativity, but the Zig-Zag is not his creation, so regardless of his improvements it is still the Harbin Zig-Zag. I have both the Osborne plans and the Harbin book, Paul's improvements are around building techniques and removing the center brace. Method is 100% still Harbin.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I did not read anything about rights in the Harbin Book. I know it coat $100 at the time, and it could not be sold by the signed contract upon purchase for 10 years, if my memory is correct.

Summers' created a stir in 1969 when he made a the Harbin version and presented it on Los Angeles television at a magic convention. There was a uproar because of this copy and performance by Summers. Still all magic societies did little about it. As a matter a fact, most magic conventions then wanted to see the illusion and thus the copies began to come from someplace. If I remember correctly, Harbin book was not even on the market yet. How Summers' got the places was never mentioned.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Zig zag illusion (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL