The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Spoon bending in café/bar ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
If there is one thing I am master at it's bends, mainly thanks to banachek, Osterlind bend are fantastic also whicgh I havce added to my routeen.
I consider myself to be much the same as banachek when he was younger, I had heard of him bending nails and keys long before he ever released his methods so came up with my own way to do it and was floored to find out he had come up with the same methods when he was younger. I love the stories he tells on his sets,They are so interesting.
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
959 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Who needs fans? lol
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2004-02-16 08:13, Paddy wrote:
BTW be a little careful about doing the routine in front of managers. I had one get a little angry about me bending and twisting one of his spoons using Banachek's method. After he told me not to destroy anymore silverware he just walked away, staring at the spoon saying, "How the **** did he do that? I watched him the whole time." Greatest review I ever got.

He may be amazed, but inconsiderate behaviour is one of many things that causes many managers to say that they had a magician there but he won't allow it, again. This ruins the venue for those who may want to perform there.
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
Well put Al,

As a working magician you have to know when and when NOT to perform. If you are out with friends just for coffee do you NEED to perform? Do you need to always be ON?

Try something a little lighter and if they WANT to see more then try the spoon thing. You don't need to completly twist the spoon. One bend in their hands ALA Banachek will convince them of your "powers". Then bend it back before you leave the Café'.. No Harm Done!!

But always HAVE FUN!!
Shaun R.
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
Banachek, do you know when they will air the episodes. That is something one can't miss.
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1159 Posts

Profile of Banachek
I do not, as far as I hear it will be sometime in February, keep in mind, this is just for Finland but I should have DVD rights here in the US.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
That's cool.

I live in Norway, its right next to Finland. The good news is, I have MTV 3.

If you are going to make a DVD, I will definitly buy it.

Do you have other performance only DVD's? I would love to get my hands on the Discovery Channel special. Do you have that on DVD? Or will it be released on DVD in the near future?
Thansk,

Tor
p:m
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
I have Psychokinetic Silverware,Banachek's DVD. It is Great for Fork Bending. I Love it.

Speaking of fork bending, I was sent a link to this new 'Liquid Metal' DVD that Penguin is releasing as one of their own. What's your take on this.
p:m
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
bjiamin
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of bjiamin
I first saw this on Michael Ammar's ice breakers, quite a while back. was a simple optical illusion of spoon bending but quite effective for some people nevertheless
dr.strange
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of dr.strange
Check out liquid metal by morgan stebler, a 6 phase close up surrounded fork bending routine.

Excellent

Yours In Magic
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Banachek’s 4 DVD are an educational treat.
The original “Psychokinetic Silverware” is a little harder to find, but worth the effort.

For those worried about management in a restaurant, do what I do. I get cheap forks from Wall Mart (less than 25cents each) that come in many styles and carry them with me. They look close enough to restaurant fair, especially those found in many diners.

I also mention to the staff (and management) that I will be using my own silverware in some tricks. I had an owner (that I had warned) pass by me at a table and say (to help my performance) “please stop bending all our silverware, it was great.

Bob
aaguilar007
View Profile
Regular user
México
106 Posts

Profile of aaguilar007
I have two choices, and trust me, they are the best there is:

Banachek and Ostelind.

Thats it.

Best,

Alfredo
“If you can make another person’s reality into something wonderful, you can do real magic”.

Richard Osterlind
Making Real Magic
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Chad Sanborn's version it's the one that I use the most of the times.
It's very pratical and looks great. I always have good reactions with it.

Best,
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
fizbin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of fizbin
I liked Banachek's PK Silverware the best. It had the moves explained, but more important it went deeper than that. It covered the psychology behind the moves, as well as the misdirection. Very easy to learn from.

As far as Liquid metal, I felt it was really Banachek's moves on the street. I did, however, like some of the routining ideas he had. I cannot really go into too much detail. It is worth getting, but only after watching and learning from Banachek.
"All For Wonder..."
Earle M. Kelley
http://www.fizbinentertainment.com
Richc98
View Profile
New user
Orange Park, Fl
71 Posts

Profile of Richc98
When restaurants, I always use the old bending spoon trick, where you just move your hands and if I see the staff has a sense of humor then I actually bend the spoon just by rubbing it. They think it is another joke and when they see it bent they gasp. Course I bend it back the manual way displaying a lot of effort, to make it look hard.

If they didn't appreciate the first bit, I don't continue.
U.S. Army Retired Soldier for Life - SFC
AsL
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of AsL
I have Psychokinetic Silverare(vhs) for sale. I'm selling it for $12. This includes shipping and handling. I accept money orders only. I ship the morning after the money order arrives. If anyones interested feel free to PM me.

I meant to say Silverware: @ P
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Does anyone have an answer after handing out the spoon for inspection to the retort:

"That spoon is easy to bend, heck I can bend that!"

Of course, some like Kuffs can been heavy duty stuff but I resort to Walmart garden variety silverware.

Thanks for help.
themagicofjoseph
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of themagicofjoseph
I have not done spoons yet but I did pick up "Liquid Metal" when it first came out and use it on a weekly basis along with "The Closer". I use alternate method of borrowing a real quarter. That way I'm not out a quarter everytime I do it. These effects land jobs for me.
Magically,
Joseph

Also, Morgan is releasing "Spun" soon and am looking forward to it.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=976
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Quote:
On 2005-04-04 07:16, Candini wrote:
Does anyone have an answer after handing out the spoon for inspection to the retort:

"That spoon is easy to bend, heck I can bend that!"

Of course, some like Kuffs can been heavy duty stuff but I resort to Walmart garden variety silverware.

Thanks for help.

tel them that you are " in practice" and you can't bend thick metals just quite yet. and then ask them if they want to try bending it using the method that you used (or you presented yourself to be using, ie. rubbing blowing etc) no way it will work.

I don't like those people who think they have everything figured out by just noticing some things that are normal, and then goes off to show off to everyone around. I just deal it by asking them to prove by performing the trick exactly as it happened. unless they themselves are very skilled magicians they wont be able to do it. IF they are very skilled/experienced magician they wouldn't even begin to say those things out of respect for other magicians

I hope this helped
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2004-11-13 03:17, Wellington wrote:
Banachek’s 4 DVD are an educational treat.
The original “Psychokinetic Silverware” is a little harder to find, but worth the effort.

For those worried about management in a restaurant, do what I do. I get cheap forks from Wall Mart (less than 25cents each) that come in many styles and carry them with me. They look close enough to restaurant fair, especially those found in many diners.

I also mention to the staff (and management) that I will be using my own silverware in some tricks. I had an owner (that I had warned) pass by me at a table and say (to help my performance) “please stop bending all our silverware, it was great.

Bob

Say I don't have any of my own spoons, forks... with me and I want to do a spoon bend should I ask the staff or what...
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Spoon bending in café/bar ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL