The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Pop Haydn Teleportation Devices (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Christian Wilde
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Christian Wilde
Quote:
On May 19, 2020, lynnef wrote:
Just absolutely love this whole topic. Now the question I have is that when people return to air travel (ie eased travel restrictions after pandemic), what are these devices going to look like in baggage x-rays? And did they set off any alarms in the past? Lynn

While I cannot provide an answer based on experience (I haven't travelled with one of my devices yet) I would think, that it would need to go in your checked luggage. Because of the nature of the ignition, I think airport security would flag a device as potentially dangerous if carried in your carry on.
Another problem is carrying flash paper. I think that might be a more concerning issue, as I think that's potentially problematic even in your checked luggage. I have heard stories though of magicians "smuggling" flash paper in their carry on. I wouldn't do it. Maybe the best and safest course of action would be to send the device and flash paper to your destination beforehand. But that carries the risk of losing a valuable device in transit.

I have shipped devices I have build to magicians in America. A few have been lost in transit but replacements have all reached their recipients. None have been subject to problems because of airport x-rays.
I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but I hope it gives some information that is usable.
Cheers
Christian
www.wildedevices.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Pop Haydn Teleportation Devices (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL