The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Sheherazade (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
PLEASE!!!

Let us know!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You bet! I certainly will. The name of the book will be "Final Curtain."

Here is a preview -- there is a new version of George Kirkendall's "Blue Room" illusion, as well as an amplified version of "Aunt Elisa." I saw Borodin perform both of these.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Well Bill,

I can’t wait! Do you want me to take those photos myself?

:-)
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The photos are done -- they are just in Germany in preparation to go into the German edition of the book. Once the publisher is through with them, I will have them on a disc. I don't have the props over here anyway. Thanks for the offer, though!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Ok... OK...

I will wait!

:-)
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
In reference to the round nest of boxes, I purchased one recently from eBay that is almost identical to the photo in the book. It is actually a nest of ten boxes, but to accommodate the coin, the inner three or four have to be left out. See photo here:

http://www.carrandimagic.com/pic/ebay/tc534.jpg

With the help of a well-known and very helpful manufacturer/dealer I was also able to locate a Watch Box, the item that Borodin uses to vanish the coin. It is a beautiful item.

I have been working on a routine similar to "Saladin the Thief", and hope to perform it soon.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Last night, I e-mailed a copy of this thread to Ulf Bolling - Borodin, the author of Sheherazade. All I can say is that he was very moved by your responses to his work.

Thanks very much. You made his day!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Bill,

I’m glad to hear that. He has been “making my day” since I got the book!
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1528 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I've said this to Bill personally, but I'll say it here for all to see...this is one of the finest books on Bizarre and Theatrical magic in our art. Anyone who plans to do magic of this type needs this book.

Rick

And, as an addendum to my last post, Bill Palmer is a true gentleman and scholar in our art. I've been fortunate to know this man for about 2 years now and we should all strive to be the kind of man (not just performer) that Bill is.

Bill has done a wonderful job, and a great service to English speaking magicians, translating some of the finest books ever produced in magic: Ted Lesley's Paramiracles, Punx's Once Upon a Time, and now this (Sheherazade).

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
I thinking of ordering this book this week. (Can't wait till payday and I hope there are still a few copies left) Is there a reveiw for it anywhere on the internet that would list some more of the effects other than that mentioned here?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Caspar,

You will find some info on Bill’s page:

http://www.adessoverlag.com/sheherazade.htm
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
I just got the book today and although I cannot honestly comment on the book until I have had the time to actually sit down and read it I can say that so far this book is amazing. In fact I almost walked into traffic today because I had to take a peek. If that had of happened you guys would have had some material to work with, sorry to dissapoint.

Bill I just wanted to say that owning this book is a privilege and I thank you and Mr. Borodin for producing this.

Thanks
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thank you for your kind words, Caspar. Please, don't walk into the traffic. We want all of our purchasers to be alive so they can purchase the next book, too!

;)
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
If you are interested in the Sheherazade props, there is a Round Nest of Boxes for sale now on eBay. Other than being only four boxes (instead of seven), it looks identical to the one used for Saladin, the Thief.

It is item #2237164374.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
I am very interested in finding or building these props. In fact I was looking at a nest of bags which gave me an idea to use small leather bags. Does anyone know of anywhere that I can go to either have these mades or information so that I can construct these myself?

Another object of interest is the the "Essential Items" for the casket from Sheherazade's Ring. Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

The funny thing about all of this, is that a little over a year ago my mangager and the president of the Club I work for got me into Toastmaster's and they even paid for it. I am sure that this will come in handy.

This particular school of magic has definitely touched a chord with me. I can't help myself to look at objects and to start thinking of a story behind it. This book has given me a few ideas and I am grateful to all of you that have brought it to my attention.
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Caspar,

I share your feelings for the book. Borodin’s work is incredibly inspiring.

If you look around in antique shops you might find mostly of the objects described in the book, but, Most important, you will find lots of possibilities for stories in other objects.

Regarding the “Special Item” to put the ring in, I saw it a couple of months ago in a costume and magic shop here in NY. PM me if you want the details.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1528 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Quote:
On 2004-04-09 15:19, Caspar wrote:

Another object of interest is the the "Essential Items" for the casket from Sheherazade's Ring. Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

Caspar,
I've seen the Mirage disc at magic shops in the past. In fact, there is a local costume shop that has one of those for sale. I'm not sure what it's called, but a simple search on the net should prove sufficient.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
I received my copy yesterday. Wow. This book has something for everyone. Strong mentalism, great stories and some cool special effects.

I'm really happy I managed to get a copy. It is already one of my all time favourite books.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thanks for your kind words and enthusiasm.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Today I walked into a shop that sells african artifacts and artwork. I go there now and then to get stuff, but today some rings they had there got my attention. The rings are made of bronze and all of them represents a mask, the same mask.

I ask the guy about the ring’s meaning and he told me the rings where passports... The Ashanti people wear the rings as a way to make clear to everyone that they belong to this specific tribe.

I find the idea of a ring as a passport very suggestive. Not only because it define who you are or where you come from, but because it opens doors, at least metaphorically...

I’m posting this here because inmediatly I thought on Borodin and the first story on his book: “The Ring of Sheherazade”. That ring in the story does precisely that: it opens a door for a world of fantasy, like a passport.

So, today I didn’t get anything at the store, only a story, and I wanted to share it here...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Sheherazade (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL